25. Red strings of faith

Start from the beginning

"How did the ministers react to this news?" Yoongi laughed out while remembering the reactions of each minister.

"They were shocked. They didn't expect me to think this than accepting their daughters." The Queen giggled while covering her face.

"They are at lose, they tried to make so many deals with your father when you were only four but your father declined every single one because he cared for your feelings." Yoongi looks away when his mother mentioned his father in the conversation. He was trying to give peace to his mind about not thinking about his father.

"Yoongi-ah." The queen holds Yoongi's hand and stares at her son.

"You need to be more careful from now. There are many enemies and not to forget about the ministers as well. They will find ways to hurt you or Jimin. Be aware and protect that child, promise me.." Yoongi stared at his mother's hands and gently holds them in his.

"I promise, Mother. I will shed my last drop of blood to protect the one I love and keep him safe from everything." The Queen smiles and gives a small nod.

"I know, I believe you, my son." Yoongi smiled and kissed both of his mother's hands.

"Please do not worry about us, mother. We will live happily." The queen nods.

"My blessings will be with you always."

/  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /

Jimin finished his praying for today and he was about to return to the palace until he remembered something and persuade the monk of the temple.

The monk of the temple was a nice guy who always gives Jimin extra time to do his praying and teach him some more things to be more pure and loyal to God. Jimin always wanted to learn more so the monk always have Jimin's company in the temple.

"Sunim." The monk looks up when Jimin called him.

(Sunim - is what Korean respectfully calls monks or nuns)

"Yes, my child." He motions Jimin to go closer to him which Jimin obeyed and sat down in front of him before bowing to him.

"Can you bless me with something..." The monk smiles at home before giving a small nod.

"Before that, I heard that the king is getting married." Jimin blushed at the monk's state but he nods to answer.

"I pray to God that he leads a happy life with his partner. May God blesses them." Jimin felt happy because he got the blessing from the monk and it made him so lucky.

"What kind of blessing do you need, my child?" The monk came back to the main topic of why Jimin was here.

"You have already blessed me, I think I don't need to know more. Thank you so much, Sunim." The monk looked confused but he smiles later on.

"Wait here, I'll bring something for you." Jimin was curious to know what the monk have for him. A minute later the monk came back with two red strings in his hands.

"Here, one for you and one for the one you love." Jimin gladly accepted the strings and stares at them.

"If you two keep these strings then faith will be on your side always. You do know the story about 'The red strings of faith', yes?" Jimin nods and bows to the monk again.

"Sunim, thank you so much!" The monk chuckles softly before patting Jimin's back.

"Lead a happy life, my child." Jimin almost cried but he smiled before nodding.

Later that day, Jimin was in his chamber, changing his clothes to more comfortable ones until the doors opens and he flinched by the sudden interruption.

His eyes met with the black ones and the red shades immediately appeared on his pale face. Jimin quickly pulled back his cloth to hide his skin, thinking that he just offended the king but he heard the door getting shut and footsteps coming closer to him.

He looked up to see Yoongi standing in front of him and he was staring down at Jimin's slightly exposed chest.

"My lord.." Yoongi leans closer, closing the gap in between them. Jimin instantly wraps his arms around Yoongi's neck, bringing him closer as their body gets the friction they were looking for. Yoongi stops first before sliding down Jimin's clothes to unreveal his skin, he kisses down to Jimin's shoulder, almost nibbled onto his skin but Jimin stopped him and cups his face.

"Slow down, my lord."

"Don't call me that anymore." Jimin giggles.

"What should I call you then?"

"Darling or honey." Jimin giggles and kisses Yoongi's cheeks.

"I have something for you." He went to his drawer and walked back with two strings in his hand. He carefully ties one of them on Yoongi's left wrist while he lets Yoongi tie the other on Jimin's right wrist.

"Why this?"

"The red strings of faith."

"To keep me close?" Jimin smiles with a nod.

"To keep you as mine." Yoongi smiles back as he leans closer to kiss Jimin's cheeks.

"Always."

\\\\\\\\\\\

Well,I'm still on hiatus but I will try to update this one slowly since it's been a while. And I'll soon publish another book, so make sure to select one for me like usual.

Thank you 💜