Prologue.

Hey guys. Sorry it's been so long, but hey! I'm baaaack. This is the (very, VERY heavily) edited version of my prologue. I hope you like it. I, personally think it's a lot better that the original but I'll let you decide that. The original will be at the bottom if you'd like to read it and compare. Please note, the rest of the story has not yet been edited. Please be kind. I wrote the beginning of the original story before I had much experience. I hadn't edited it, or made paragraphs. It was the first draft I posted then, and I was a mere sixth grader going into my seventh grade year. Please be kind.

PS, I am not middle aged yet, nor am I a male, therefore I do not own any of the characters you recognize. Thank you very much.

Percy's POV (Point Of View, for all you noobs out there that might be reading this. :D)

    I remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember my mother's laugh, my step fathers beaming grin, the feeling of happiness and contentment. We'd been happy then. I remember the sun shining, the blue sky filled with puffy white clouds, not a hint that anything would go so wrong.

     We'd been going to Montauk beach for Gabe's family reunion. My mother and I had only met Gabe's family once before my mother and Gabe got married, and his family wanted to get to know us better, make sure we were good enough for their 'precious-Gabriel.-Oh-my-gods,-he's-so-cute!-I-just-want-to-squeeze-his-cheeks!-Ugliano'. 

We'd gotten into Gabe's '78 Camaro and everything had seemed so normal. I guess it was normal, for a while at least. We'd been talking, joking, laughing. About halfway to Montauk, we got held up by a construction sight. Gabe had stepped out of the car to call his mother and tell her we'd be a bit late.

     Seconds after he was out of the car, the car jolted forward violently. My head hit the back of the front seat while my mothers head hit the steering  wheel with a loud and dramatic smack! "Sally! Percy!" I heard Gabe shout from outside of the car. I pulled my head groggily from the back of mom's seat and looked up at her.

     Her face was pale and there was blood dripping down from her hairline. Her hair was swept to the side, exposing her clammy face and making the blood seem all the brighter. Her eyes were closed, and her hands were wrapped tightly around the leather steering wheel.

     Gabe yanked the door open and stared at her, his face pale and sweaty. He looked like he'd seen a ghost. "Sally?" His voice quivered. He glanced over at me, and seeing that I was mostly okay, relaxed a bit. He hung up on the voice that was squawking out of his phone, the woman I could only assume was his mother. 

     Dialling what I assumed was 911 as there was only four beeps (the numbers and the talk button), he pressed the phone to his ear and started talking frantically. I could barely understand him he was speaking so quickly. He was practically blubbering.

     By that time, people had started noticing that something was going on, that something was wrong. It seemed like it took forever for the police and the ambulance's to get there. In the meantime, some woman had come up to us and started pressing down with a spare coat on mom's forehead, saying she was hoping to stem the bleeding some, and that she had seen this on TV.

     I, personally, didn't think that it was the best idea to follow the televisions lead, but as I didn't have any better idea's and I wanted my mother to live, I didn't say anything. When the police got there, they brought all three of us to the hospital. The immediately wheeled my mother to some emergency room and brought me to a different room to check for concussions or anything like that as I'd been in the car as well.

     They gave Gabe some coffee that he turned his nose up at, even though he drank it, and an ugly orange blanket they said was for shock. Gabe, had protested that he wasn't in shock, but they didn't listen and he was still rather pale so I didn't say anything for him.