Jiper- Captain dad

PIPER
Ever since my mom divorced my dad, after the musical curse that was put over Swellview 2 years ago, my mom has been happy. Happier than usual. She says that nothing is different, but I didn't quite believe her.

"Hey Piper." Jasper kissed my cheek as I walked into Junk 'N' Stuff.

"Henry...have you noticed anything...off about mom?" I asked, confused.

"No. Why?" Henry walked over to me from behind the counter.

"Well, she's been happier than usual..." I explained.

"Well, isn't mom allowed to be hap-" Before Henry could continue, his boss Ray walked in, something different about him.

"-Is that a wedding ring?" Henry brought my attention to the ring on Ray's left ring finger.

"It sure is Henry. I'm now a married man!" He laughed.

"Who's the unlucky woman?" I laughed as Jasper laughed along with me.

"Well, you see, a woman who divorced her husband 2 years ago, found comfort in me. 6 months later, we were well into a loving relationship. A year later, we eloped and now, she's my legal wife!" Ray smiled.

"That still doesn't answer the-" As Henry spoke, Ray's phone buzzed, Henry's eyes widening as Ray took the call.

"He has our mom as a contact in his phone..." He panicked.

"So?" I didn't find anything abnormal about that.

"Her name is under 'WIFE'. Ray...is now our step-dad." Henry nearly vomited.

"Are you sure?!" I started to panick.

"I'm 100 percent sure." Henry and I raced home, seeing our mom happily making dinner.

"Mom. You have some explaining to do." I walked up to her.

"Sure, honey. What's wrong?" Her happy facial expression dropped to a more concerned look.

"Are you married...again?" Henry asked, standing behind me.

"I didn't think you guys would find out this way." She placed her wooden spoon onto the bench, stepping away.

"It's like you didn't want us to find out at all." Jasper raced in, immediately coming over to me as I struggled to keep my balance.

"Piper, honey. Henry, sweetheart. I promise, to both of you, that I had every intention of telling you guys. It's just, this wasn't exactly my plan of how to do it." She resumed her cooking.

"Please, just, answer this simple question." Henry stepped closer to her.

"Anything." She smiled.

"Is my boss Ray...really our father now?" Henry held her hand.

"Step-father, but yes. He is." Her confirmation made me feel sick to my stomach.

"Mom. How could you? Marrying another man is one thing, but marrying my boss? Why?" Henry questioned our mother, while I sat down in the closest chair.

"When your father and I divorced, I found comfort in Ray, seeing as he had a close connection to you." She admitted.

"But you still married his boss! That's just weird!" I gave my opinion just as the front door opened.

"Honey, I'm home." Henry and I looked over to see Ray walking through door, Jasper also shocked.

"Hi Ray!" Watching her kiss him was weird and disgusting. It was really disgusting.

"How about we leave? I mean, we have work to do, right?" Jasper ushered Henry and I out of the house as my mom and Ray continued to kiss.
———
As Henry and I walked back into Junk 'N' Stuff, Jasper brought my attention to a key factor in the news we had received.

"Henry, Piper, if your mom and Ray are now legally married, that means that Captain Man..." He couldn't even finish his sentence.

"Captain Man is legally our step-father..." I looked at Henry in disbelief.

"Eww! Now, not only is Captain Man my boss, but my dad! That's worse than when dad was out of town for the weekend and Captain Man stayed at our house after my mom was attacked and robbed!" Henry's face looked horrified. 

"Wait, I'm getting a call." I stopped Henry from talking when I saw mom's caller ID pop up on my phone.

"She must have butt-dialled you." Jasper was confused.

"Answer it." Henry urged me. I pressed the answer button, putting it on speakerphone so Henry, Jasper and I could hear what was being said.

Ray: Honey, you know that...Jasper kid?

Ray: The one who hangs with Henry and Charlotte?

I looked at Jasper, who was confused as to why Ray brought up his name.

Mom: Yeah. I've known him since he and Henry were 5.

Ray: Well, I don't mean to cross any lines...

Ray: ...but I don't think he should be hanging around Piper.

Kris: What? Why not?

Ray: He's been arrested 3 times in the last 2 years and seeing as Piper can be a good girl, when she wants to be, I think we need to keep him and Piper separated.

Me: EXCUSE ME?!

All of a sudden, before anything else could be said, Henry panicked and ended the call.

"Just to correct his mistake, I've only ever been arrested twice! I didn't even commit a crime the first time! And the second time I was arrested, someone said they would keep a look out since the girls bathroom was the only available one to use! There wasn't even anyone in there!" Jasper directed his last explanation to me, hinting that I was that someone.

"Jasper, babe, that's in the past. This problem, Ray's issue with you, is in the present..." I was concerned about what Ray would do to Jasper.