Chapter 12: What if I do?

Start from the beginning

"He is perfect, he earns handsomely. You can still decide even to continue your work there or you can even enjoy being a housewife too!" She expressed her desires.

"Ma, don't go too far..." Ria stopped her imagination.

"Why don't you spend some time with him casually?" She advised her.

"Do you think m I'm ready for that? Ma, how..." She was losing her patience.

"Ria, I know you might not be. Consider it a kind of blind date. Try to get things to figure out. I don't see any such flaws in him. Take him as a friend when you again meet in Benaras. What we do is always for your good, baby!" She tried to persuade her.

"Beta, try and understand. You are going to attend his elder brother's marriage in Benaras. His mother is also searching for a suitable bride for Aashish. Your Mausi had not answered anything to them yet." She explained.

"Ria, tell me honestly, are you dating someone because I see no point to refuse such a good proposal?" She asked right away her.

"Ma, Ma... I think I m not able to listen to your voice clearly. Maybe it's a network problem, I'll call you again Ma..."

She clearly lied to her and cut the call. She took a deep breath after putting down the phone. She did this because there was no point in arguing with her. Each time, she had a new point to justify why Aashish was perfect for her. She even started thinking, it was not easy to convince her mother than in any way, in amidst odd situation she even thought,

"What if I get married to him?"

She just took a glass of water to relax a bit. Before completing her glass, she heard the doorbell rang from the main door. She went to see who was there at the entrance. She was surprised to find that it was none other than Aashish.

She just got enough lecture for declining his proposal and this man is physically present right at her doorstep to meet her.

"Am I no more welcome?" Aashish asked with a smirk.

"Not at all, please come." Ria politely replied.

"You look quite stressed, are you alright?" Aashish asked out of care.

"I'm fine, fine..." Ria said in a convincing tone.

"Ria, I suppose till now, you could have got the idea of the proposal. Before we met, I sincerely had no idea of it." He explained himself.

Ria was quite startled at listening about such a thing directly from him. He settled on the sofa and Ria brought tea for him. He brought a bouquet of pink roses along with him. He said,

"While coming to your house, I saw them freshly kept outside the store, so I thought to get you some." He handed it to her.

"There was no need for all these. Why did you had so much trouble?" Ria hesitates to take it.

"Just have it otherwise it will be of no use to me as well." He forcefully handed it to her.

" He forcefully handed it to her