I pull her closer to me, bend down and throw her over my shoulder.

"Ohh" she laughs as I start walking to the kitchen. "Woah baby your shoulder is right on my bladder."

"No, no, no!" I yell in laughter and put her down.

"No, I won't pee on you" she laughs and clings onto me. "Please just carry me like this" she whines and lifts her one leg up in front of me.

"We are four feet away from the kitchen." I laugh and try to walk but she blocks me.

"No baby please" she pouts and kisses my neck and cheek, still trying to climb on me.

"Baby you're heav-" I pause and bite my lip. "I'm not that stro-"

"What?!" she yells in shock. "Am I too heavy?" she laughs in disbelief and steps away from me.

"No, no." I laugh and reach out for her but she pushes me away.

"No that's what you said!" she laughs and walks away from me.

"No baby wait." I object and follow closely behind her. "What I meant was, I'm stronger in my legs than my arms."

"Hmm sure" she sighs. She gets some water for the kettle, not even looking at me. "It's fine baby. I'll go to the gym-"

"No!" I cut her off and cover my face in frustration. "Alex I-"

I'm cut off by Maya coming through the door. "Hi lovies." she smiles.

She has two boxes in her hands which is probably Riley and Jonah's cakes for tomorrow. She made their birthday cakes today and it looks adorable. That's probably why she's a bit later that usual.

"Hey baby" we both greet her.

"Am I too fat?" Alex asks Maya with a sad pout.

"Fucks sake" I groan and let my head fall onto the counter.

"What?" Maya frowns and walks closer to us. "No baby, of course not. Why would you ask that?"

Alex doesn't say anything and turns to me with a questionable look. She is clearly upset about what I said and I realized that my choice of words wasn't the best.

"I didn't mean it like that baby." I sigh in defeat and reach out to touch her waist.

"Did you say she was fat?" Maya frows with a bit more anger than confusion.

She puts her arms around Alex's waist and this is a clear sign that it's two against one now. Even though Maya isn't allowed to choose a side, I can see why she can't pick me. She wasn't here to see what happened and Alex isn't lying. It sounded like I said she was fat.

"I didn't say that but it came out like that." I say in a low and sincere voice. "I'm sorry baby but I don't think you are fat. You are beautiful."

I'm hoping that my affection towards Alex is helping but they both stare at me for a few seconds. I just stand there feeling like an asshole for what I said. I didn't think and now I'm paying the price. I don't want either of my wives to ever feel ugly or fat. I don't want them to feel self conscious about their bodies, no matter what.

And now I did the exact opposite. It took Alex a while after having the twins, to feel sexy and beautiful again. She was shy about her tummy and big breasts. She was always tired and never had any energy to take care of herself. And that was ok.

She had to breastfeed our babies every two hours. That took a lot from her and I don't blame her for that, I am so grateful for what she did for out children. I always will be.