Three strings

I wake up to a dazed dream and remember what I had said a few days ago, "I love you too."

I cover my face in the pillow and scream, "Ahhh I'm so stupid stupid stupid stupid!"

"Y/n lower your voice its Saturday morning no one wants to be waken up so early!!" I hear my mother shout from the other room. I regain my calm and look up at the ceiling, "I haven't texted Jungkook since that day but I have continued to stay in contact with the other guys.  

I get out of bed and start getting ready to go to the animal shelter, "Forget about boys that was the reason you decided to not accept Jungkook. You won't do it now."

I look at the mirror and feel satisfied with my outfit, Heading out I head down the street towards the animal shelter I look at the cloudy sky as a light breeze blows my hair, "Men are just a distraction you've been known this y/n so why are you letting this one boy get to you."

I continue in thought as I arrive to the shelter seeing Ally already there, "Hey y/n! You're here I didn't think you would make it."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"You've been kind of MIA recently. I just assumed you would be busy."

"No you know I'm here for those extracurricular activities."

She raises one of the dogs and shows it to me, "Look isn't it adorable, its golden fur is so soft and his eyes are so cute they look like he is a puppy only."

"She a cute one ain't she?" The owner of the shelter comes out, "Thank you, to the two of you for helping me at the shelter today, I don't get much help around here since everyone doesn't really care about dogs and animals."

"Who could never think about this little cuteness right here!" Ally brings the dog to her cheek and starts caressing it.

I love animals don't get me wrong but the only problem is that animals are just scary, they could die or get sick at any moment and the idea of losing something you love is scary.

"Y/n are you okay?" Ally turns to me as I am zoned in on the dog before me. 

"Yeah I'm fine just thinking."

"Well ladies I'll let you two be just make sure the pets are attended for and that when customers come you attend them."

We nod our heads and get to working. Most of the work is done quickly so we just wait for customers. 

Nothing.

Another three hours pass. Nothing again.

I look at Ally who is holding the golden retriever in her arms, "No one is coming right?"

I shook my head, "People have to come we have pets who wouldn't want any." As if the mentioning of people had brought in a person I stood up from the chair I had placed from standing for so long.

"Hi welc-" I see the person before me smiling causing me to immediately turn red and bashful. Ally looking over at me grins, "Jungkook! Welcome! What are you doing in here today?"

"Well this is the only animal shelter in this whole town and rather than purchasing a pet from a store I rather adopt one from an animal shelter and give it a better home." 

Ally looks over at me and nudges my shoulder as if she knows I was distracted, "Oh yeah, well thanks for coming Jungkookie what type of pet are you looking for today?" I look start walking over to the pets all gathered around in a little den. 

He walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, I jump in surprise and back away, "What are you doing?"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable" he looks down and shakes his head before looking at all the pets we have.

Ally pulls me to the side and whispers, "What is going on with you two? Are y'all dating now?" 

I shake my head, "I'll tell you later."

We look at Jungkook as he picks up a bunny. The bunny looks comfortable in his arms and Jungkook can't help but bring it close to his cheeks, "I want this one."

"Awesome! Follow me and I'll finish your process." Ally brings Jungkook inside the store and leaves me alone in the front with all the pets.

"Ugh what am I doing wrong. What are all these feelings I'm feeling all at once." I squat down as the golden retriever comes next to me and places his head on my lap. 

I pet its head, Maybe I just need to let go of it all. Maybe I should just be in love and let myself fall in love. Am I ready though?   

"Y/n" I hear a voice behind me as I turn around to see Jungkook I stood up as soon as humanly possible, "What's up Jungkook were you able to adopt the little bunny?"

"Yep she's in here Ally was telling me just a few things of how I can take care of it and if anything is wrong to just bring her back and that they will help her here."

"Oh that's good I hope you take good care of her."

"Hey, I just wanted to apologize again, its' just after last time we talked I've been thinking about it and I was scared you were upset or something."

"No, I understand that you don't mean any harm and I told you its' okay I was just taken aback."

"I wanted to give you time that's why I didn't reach out to you. But I didn't expect to see you here maybe we really are meant to be."

I blushed to the mention of that and all I can think about is how I want to be with him.

"Y/n I want to be with you I want you to be my girlfriend and I want you to accept me as your soulmate."

"Jungkook..."

"Y/n....please just accept my love."

Our future is right here. I can make that decision right now. I just have to answer. But why won't the words come out my lips.

"Jungkook I-"

"Hi this is the adoption store right?" A girl walks up to us she looks perfect in every way from top to bottom even her outfit is amazing.

"Uh yeah its right here you can look at the animal den we have right here and I'll be right with you."

"Thank you." She looks over at Jungkook and looks stunned. 

"You"

"You"

They say in unison, I look over at Jungkook as he says, "We are connected by the red string."

Three people are connected by a red string. It has never happened before. Has it? What's going on? Does this mean Jungkook will now leave me for her?

"Jungkook."

"Y/n."

-To be Continued-