Part 2: The New Pink Diamond

Y/n was in desperate need of a distraction before her meeting with Steven. She knew nothing about him, how he looked or sounded, all she knew that he was the spawn of Pink Diamond and because of that she hated him. Y/n thought she had a good few hours before he came so she went to the only place that gave her comfort, her home planet. Her home planet was a dark place filled with caves and abandoned places, it was clearly a mess and a forgotten space but to her, it was home.
As Y/n walked around her old home, she could feel herself calm down already. She remembers going about her duties, exploring the space and most of all, spending time with her Diamond.
Y/n spent awhile there, taking in the scenery and reliving the memories of the past. Even though it was fun, Y/n knew she had to go back to Homeworld to meet Steven.
When Y/n arrived back to Homeworld the familiar sounds of silence filled the ornate hallways of the palace. Y/n climbed up various things to reach the ceiling. Throughout her time here, she created hiding places and tunnels she used to sneak around the palace. She didn't have to, she would be fine simply walking through the halls, but this made it more fun.

Past her bedroom and around the corner was the entrance to one of her tunnels, this one led directly to the throne room. So Y/n crawled through and started making her way through the palace secretly. Whether the Diamonds knew of her secret routes she didn't know, but she was getting away with it so the thought didn't bother her too much. The throne room was almost too large, supported by columns and intricate patterns along with the 4 large thrones made for the Diamonds.
Y/n waited there, observing the interactions below and listening to the different gems talk. And not long after, the Diamonds came in and sat down, each talking and explaining their concerns and thoughts with one another.
"What if something happens to him?" Blue questioned
"Like what Blue? You think someone will try and shatter him?" Yellow reacted
"Calm down both of you." White protested. "He will do just fine we just have to help him."
"And what of Y/n? Will she be alright?" Blue asked
Y/n sighed and took a few deep breaths to try and compose herself.

A sound brought them out of their conversation as they looked at the warp pad activate, he was here. After the beam went away, it revealed a boy.
"This must be Steven" Y/n thought
The Diamonds welcomed him as he smiled and said hi. Y/n couldn't see his face from where she was hiding but she could see he was tall, has black curly hair, and unusual clothes on. Y/n hadn't been to Earth in awhile so she didn't know if his clothes were adequate.
"Oh!" Blue said putting her hand near her mouth. "Shouldn't we go fetch Y/n?"
Steven definitely looked confused on who Y/n was.
"Oh no need." White said. "Come out Y/n!"
Everyone looked confused as White was talking to no one in particular but Y/n new what to do.
Y/n jumped down and landed on one of White's throne armrests.
Steven looked up, not fully being able to see you in full detail. You jumped down onto the ground and looked Steven directly in the eyes. You noticed that his face wasn't that of a dictator, but more sweet and sincere. His eyes weren't pink and his colors weren't the same.
You came within 6ft of him before saluting a Diamond salute. He chuckled nervously, not knowing what to do.
"My Diamond, it's a pleasure to meet you." You said, gritting your teeth in the process.

"Oh-uh- thanks, you too I guess." He responded. He clearly wasn't used to this and neither were you. "So what's your name?"

"Y/n my Diamond." You responded

You heard Yellow let out a small sigh at your response. She was just glad you didn't smite him on sight.
"Well, now that the formalities are taken care of, Y/n would you mind showing Steven here around?" White said.

Y/n turned to White with a shocked expression and so did the Diamonds, but with the look on White's face you could tell this wasn't a request.
You lowered your head and turned around to face Steven who seemed to be staring at you this entire time.
You squint your eyes as you begin walking away. Steven looks up at White as she signals him to follow you.

Steven began to walk beside Y/n as they took off into the halls. Back in the throne room, the Diamonds all gave White a concerned and confused look considering what she just told Y/n to do.

"So your'e Y/n huh?" Steven asked, his hands in his pocket.

You didn't even bother to look up, "Yes My Diamond."

"You know, you can call me Steven."

You stopped walking and gave him a confused look. "What?"

"I mean you don't have to say 'My Diamond' it's kinda weird to be honest."

Y/n smiled as she walked in front of him, "Keep up then Steven!"