Prolouge

The glorious Diamond Authority-made up of the leaders of the universe and planets alike.
Yellow Diamond had her armies, she terrified all life forms and kept on a cold stare.
Blue Diamond had her gems to give her purpose yet her emotions of her lost sisters clouded her actions.
White Diamond had control. Her actions more alike a dictator than a leader.
Pink Diamond had humanity. She was the small and rebellious Diamond who betrayed her Homeworld to live with humans. Pink Diamond wasn't hated because she left Homeworld, she was hated because of her actions against her fellow Diamonds.
All gems were created by the Diamonds to serve them in their perfect empires. However no matter how old some gems were, none of them seemed to remember the lost Diamond, Black Diamond.

Black Diamond was a 5th sister, and a leader herself. She was served and praised, she had her own colonies and gems, and yet she was then only Diamond to be shattered. She wasn't shattered by a rebellious servant or a rouge group, she was shattered by her sister: Pink Diamond.

After the Diamonds found out what Pink had done, they were furious. They took away her Pearl, her colonies, and her freedom.
With nowhere else to go, she fled to Earth where she became a Rose Quartz and created a life form of herself.

We all know this new life form as Steven, and when his mothers past as a Diamond came to be, he decided to take on his mothers throne and is now a duel resident of Homeworld and Earth.
The one thing that was not revealed was why she fled to Earth, and what made her leave her sisters.