Winter wonderland

The day after Christmas Zeke's parents hold a holiday party at his place. Shawn's family and Anne Maria's family usually go. As well as mine. But I knew it would be awkward seeing the little guy. Especially after what he heard.

I went up to his bedroom to see him listening to music by himself. Shawn pushed me in and ran away causing Zeke to look up at me and take off his headphones.

"Bro I'm sorry about the other day." I said walking over to his bed.

"You kissed my ex-girlfriend. That's not cool bro." He said glaring at me.

"She kissed me...which is my fault." Explaining the letters and everything I went through with Zeke took a couple of minutes that felt like hours. He watched in shock as I poured out all the negative feelings I had.

"So, you don't like her but you like Courtney." Zeke said thinking. "So, you only half broke the bro code." He nodded.

"This isn't about the bro code dude. It's about the fact that I messed up and should've told you everything from the beginning."

"True you're a moron." He nodded. "Just be more honest with me man." I smiled and pulled him into a hug. He hugged back chuckling.

"Yeah, be more honest." Albertha said causing me and Zeke to turns towards her and Shawn.

"Hey Bertha... didn't you have something to tell Scott?" Shawn asked scolding my sister. She sighed and nodded.

"I sent the letters." She said.

Within seconds I was chasing her around Zeke's house. The guys ran after me trying to control my rage as she dashes around screaming and crying. That's when both Zeke and Shawn held me back.

"Calm down dude... let her finish." Shawn said. I sighed and stopped resisting.

"I just wanted you to be happy... me and Malu have been reading the letters you wrote for years and always thought you seemed lonely or needed a girlfriend. I didn't expect all the crazy stuff that happened to happen. But I'm sorry. I just wanted to see you smile." She said. I calmed down and sighed.

"You're a good sister." I said smiling. The guys let go of me and let me hug her. Even though the party began awkwardly everything went well. It sucked that things were still awkward between us and Anne Maria though. She never showed up.

I didn't actually get to see her until New years Eve. Shawn and Zeke came over to my place and we set off sprinklers and goofed off in the snow. It was around 11 PM when Anne Maria came around.

"Hey guys..."Anne Maria said. Causing us to demolish a snow man we were making. "Can I talk to Zeke alone." He nodded and went off with her.

"Think they'll get back together?" Shawn asked me.

"I know they will."

We walked to my porch and there sat Courtney sitting awkwardly. It looked like she drove to my place again.

"See you inside." Shawn smiled patting me on the shoulder before walking in.

Me and Courtney looked at each other awkwardly before she spoke.

"I just wanted to say... Happy New Years Eve and sorry for how I treated you. I was awful to you but wanted you to know I really did like you." Courtney said before standing up.

"That's it?" I asked and she nodded. "Well, I forgive you. I'm sorry I was never able to open up."

"I forgive you too." She smiled. I noticed that her hands where in her one of her pockets. "That's all." She said about to leave when I wrapped my arms around her and gave hug. She gasped. I reached into her pocket and took out a piece of paper causing her to blush.

"What is this?" I asked looking at the paper and opening it up. When I saw what it was, I blushed. "Maybe you should just read it to me."

"Right." She nodded and took the paper. "Dear Scott, I know I'm not the most agreeable girl and can be stubborn but I want a second chance. I've wanted to be with you for a while because you're the most genuine, sweet, and fun guy I've ever been around. And I love you.." she said blushing. I leaned down and kissed her on her forehead.

"I'm all yours." I said blushing. She stood up on her toes and gave me a soft peck on the lips as fireworks went off and I heard the words "Happy New Years" being said.

My parents were thrilled to have Courtney over. Albertha was freaking out as soon as she found out me and Courtney were back together and gave her a big hug. I snuck upstairs really quick and came back down to give her the beanie.

"I also got you something." She said blushing before giving me a gold chain with a giant heart on it. It was so cool! I kissed Courtney again feeling happy. That's when Zeke rushed in.

"ANNE MARIA SAID SHES DUMPING ME FOREVER." Zeke said crying ruining the good mood. Looks like not everyone's New Years was going to be so great.