The deal

"Why'd you make out with Courtney in the hall?" Shawn asked as Tristan asked "You're screwing my brother's ex?" In the school parking lot.

"Yes, I did kiss her." I said to Shawn. "And no, I'm not "screwing "Courtney." Answering Tristan.

"Why'd you, do it?" Tristan asked looking towards his brothers who were glaring at us.

"I just felt like it." I shrugged.

"Or maybe you've been infected with the zombie virus." Shawn panicked backing away.

"You're such a strange dude." Tristan said looking at Shawn. "Anyway, you should know my brother is pissed off right now and you should be careful." Tristan said patting me on the shoulder before leaving.

"I hate that douchebag." Shawn said to me.

"He can be nice at times..." I shrugged.

During the weekend I got my letter to Meghan.

Dear Meghan,

Even though you never looked my way during camp I always liked you. You're super pretty and smart and great at canoeing. Thanks for giving me mouth to mouth after I drowned in the lake. And thanks for not judging me for my fear of sharks.

Love Scott.

That was my first ever love letter. I don't really know anything about Meghan other than she was from camp. It was sad in a way.

The next night we had burgers. My dad invited Anne Maria over since her parents were on a business trip but she didn't want to come by. Albertha was super upset that her idol wasn't coming by and blamed me despite not knowing anything that happened.

I was feeling like shit walking by myself during the night when I heard footsteps behind me.

"Hey stranger." Anne Maria smiled as I turned towards her.

"Hey." I said returning the smile. Even with our happy expressions I could tell things between us was awkward.

"So, you're with Courtney now?" She asked as we walked together.

"Dumped her this morning. Things weren't working out." I lied.

"But earlier when I saw her at the gym, she said you were dating?" Anne Maria said looking at me confused.

"I guess she must've forgiven me for the bad thing I did. We're back on." I cheered. Anne Maria laughed loudly.

"Good luck with her. That girl is a handful. And that's coming from me." She said.

Courtney usually had breakfast in the morning so I waited for her outside the cafeteria to talk. She made huge plans with me to eat out at the diner after school.

It was a bit awkward going out in public with someone like Courtney and would cause rumors but I decided to take that risk.

"Why'd you tell Anne Maria we were dating?" I asked confused.

"I was doing you a favor. Plus, I liked how jealous Duncan was when you kissed me." Courtney shrugged as she dipped a fry in her milkshake. "He was furious." She laughed.

"Yeah. He can't stop glaring at me." I smiled awkwardly.

"I was thinking... let's do this for real." Courtney said looking at me.

"Wait you wane be my boyfriend... I mean girlfriend." I said blushing.

"No moron. I want us to pretend to date." She said.

"Do you want Duncan to murder me? You saw what he did to Justin just for kissing you in a play."

"It was never proven to be him."