"Come here," he whispers, reaching for my hand and pulling me closer. "Talk to me."

I let out another breath, letting my walls fall with it. "Sometimes...sometimes I feel like I have two voices that I'm trying to navigate. The girlfriend in me just wants to hold you, to wake up with you every single morning. To call in sick to work today and spend the rest of the afternoon in this very bed with you." His smile ignites my heart. "But the mom in me keeps questioning if this is too soon for her. I should have talked to her first. Checked with her and explained things before having you spend the night. And now, she's going to wake up and you're still going to be here. How do I explain that?"

His other hand finds mine now, pulling me between his legs as he scoots to the edge of the bed. "Baby, I can't begin to know what it's like to try and navigate this whole thing the way that you do. But I want to try. I want to walk this path with you. To help you make decisions not just for us but for her. Whatever you need from me this morning, I'll do it. I can sneak out, I can help get her ready, I can talk to her about what this means, I can-"

"Tommy," I interrupt him, my hands falling behind his neck now. He's frantically searching for solutions, and he's so freaking cute in his attempt to help me through my worries. "Thank you." I softly press my lips to his as his hands fall to my waist pulling me against him now.

"I don't want you to sneak out by the way. I want you here. I do. I just...I need to talk to Mia and mornings are always so crazy."

"Well, that's what I'm here for. Put me to work. Whatever you need to make this morning go a bit more smoothly, I'm here."

I can't help but laugh, shaking my head in disbelief. I should be used to this by now. The fact that he's perfect. I mean, my perfect. Because I know no one is perfect, but he is for me.

"Is that a yes? You'll let me help?" he questions, running his fingers along my waist and sending those waves of desire throughout my body. Desire that I most definitely do not have time to address.

"How about breakfast?" I ask.

"I can do breakfast," he nods.

"Thank you," I whisper back, pressing my lips to his. His sweet taste and smooth tongue against mine causes me to lean in against him. I still don't have time for this, but maybe just for a moment.

Just as I sink into his lap, I hear Mia's door open. And just like that, I am across the room and Tommy is already to his feet. I guess it's now or never. This moment was bound to happen, I just wish I could have prepared Mia for it a bit more.

"I'm going to..." my eyes fall on his then shoot to the door.

"Amber," his calming tone wraps around me. "It's okay. Go."

I let out another breath as I nod with a smile. I take a couple steps and make my way to the door.

When I push it open, Mia's smiling face is in front of me, Stella hot on her heels. Stella spending the night was part of the plan, courtesy of a very convincing little girl and a man who hasn't quite figured out no with her yet. The problem is that Tommy was not part of this whole sleepover plan. But combine the fact that I really didn't want him to leave my side last night with the fact that we're both going to the same place this morning for the safety day he signed up for, and I just couldn't seem to let him leave. I take a deep breath before swooping Mia up in my arms and taking more of our limited time to explain to her that it's not just her and I this morning.

Sitting on the couch with Mia and explaining that Tommy is still here actually goes a lot more smoothly than I worked myself up to thinking it would be. She was surprisingly excited that he was still here and after getting her dressed, well behind schedule, she happily skipped to the kitchen for Tommy's deliciously smelling pancakes.