c1.06: wanted

Mrs Kingston said they were going to have important visitors that day

She asked me to stay in my room and only come in the living room or around it when I was asked to, which I couldn’t be gladder for. I could use the back door if I needed to go out anyway. I only felt bad for my mum and the other servants for the work coming ahead of them. But who was I consoling? I already had my share of a tiring day at university and work, too.

I chugged down a glass of water in the kitchen just a few minutes before their guests arrived. I wiped the trickling water off my lips harshly with the end of my sleeve.

“How gentle and ladylike,” I heard a familiar voice say. If only he knew why I needed that glass of water.

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, spare me.”

Kai walked up to me all while I checked him from head to toe. He was fit in a grey tuxedo, a violet necktie, and a violet handkerchief in his blazer’s pocket. Silver cufflinks lined on his sleeves that shimmered in the light.

“This is going to be a boring night,” he alleged, fixing his buttons.

“And what is your definition of fun?”

He smirked. “A brown-headed lady in my lap as we both read and act erotica together.”

I almost threw the rest of the glass to his face. “You’re insatiable.”

“As much as I remember, you’re the only one who had orgasmed in this whole thing, though.”

My cheeks wore a deep hue of red, and my heart rate increased. Any words I wanted to say were stolen by his confidence. How could he say that easily? Kai stepped closer, his eyes not leaving mine.

“These are some cute pyjamas, by the way,” he praised, checking out my tank top and shorts that went under my knees. I wore a cardigan over it all to keep myself warm, although that mansion’s weather could be mistaken for spring. “But you’d look way cuter without them.”

My heart rate was messing around. I turned around and gave him my back, feeling myself heat up. “That’s enough, Kai.” It really was. I wasn’t going to stand there and let him torture me with his sex appeal, not when anyone could enter on us. “Enjoy your dinner,” I choked out.

I disappeared into my room once the guests arrived. I was alone, surfing social media or trying to prepare a little for the next day’s lectures, but I couldn’t get Kai and how good he looked in that tux off my mind. Despite his daring behaviour, his good looks weren’t to deny. He was like the forbidden apple… or maybe I didn’t have to hold myself back from him too much. Maybe a little fun wouldn’t hurt.

You’re risking too much, Melanie.

An hour later, my phone dinged on my desk. I wasn’t expecting anyone, though.