Chapter 28

Guys, thank you for all your love.. seriously... I feel like my heart's about to burst. You guys are my only motivation for writing.. so thank you so much <3

Ps: This is going to be really really short because I just wanted to do Teed's POV. The rest would be in the chapter.

Teed's POV (ALWAYS WANTED TO THIS)

It all started as a gist to make friends and not be lonely all throughout college but I'm not sure how I started liking my bestfriend. Maybe it was when he held my hand to run with me from our librarian or the time he fed me or when he offered to carry my books or even the first time we met.

It all happened so suddenly that even I wasn't aware till very late to realise I had feelings for my best and only friend.

Even though I was homeschooled, I was not unaware about sexual preferences.. maybe because my uncle is gay. I grew up in a childhood where my family members had normalised the idea of having different sexual preferences and I never once had thought it was wrong but it changed..

...the moment I stepped into highschool, I heard some people spreading needless rumours and defaming two girls who were in a secretive loving relationship. All the rumours which spread like a wildfire just ended up in them having enough of it and breaking up. That is when I picked up something that seemed to be a very common occurrence in this society...

It is scary to be different.

That shook me to the core and I stopped thinking about it completely because it didn't seem worth it to waste my time on it. Though, I had never been attracted to anyone in real life, it was hard not to crush over the attractive celebrities on T.V.

But... Well... This might sound very cliche but when Team came into the picture, I was extremely attracted to him. He was cute, he always listened to me and cared for me. The part I locked up and set away came back as a daunting reality.

Luckily, I had time to think it over, talk about it to my uncle and just scan through the endless articles about bisexuality through the last couple of weeks but.. it was worth it. I definitely don't think I'm straight. I think I'm bisexual. And it took me some time to come to terms with it but eventually I did. If none of my family or friends think it is wrong then, why should I care about others?

I tried my best to make it to the party, so I could tell my bestfriend that I was bisexual and hope that he would accept it. It would've been even better if he wanted to go on a date with me but I was here and now...

"Teed! Where is Team?"

This...

This might be the one of the worst nights of my life because I just got slapped with the reality of the situation. I was so consumed by figuring out what I felt that I completely forgot to look at the stuff that went down. Okay... Not forgot but rather, ignored. Noone wants to admit that their crush likes a different person. I was not blind. I could see everytime they got flirty with each other and bantered. I just choose not to believe anything. But I think what just happened made it very clear.

And to make things worse....

I had to see Team cry and why? Because of an unworthy asshole.

I have never been pissed at anyone more than the guy in front of me because all I want to do is punch his face. Huh.... I want to punch my friend's face. Never thought I'd want to do that ever but... Life sure is funny.

"Teed! Are you even listening to me?!"

I smiled through my gritted teeth. "Ya.. I'm listening."

"Where is Team?" P'Win who looked like he was going to pass out anytime soon because of how worried he looked. He was sweating all over and his expression reflected regret.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

Win scoffed. "Weren't you talking to him?"

"Uh huh." I nodded. I could see how frustrated Win was getting by the second.

"What is up with you?! Do you know where he went?"

"I said... I don't know."

"Okay... I don't know what you're trying to do here but what is wrong with you?" Win's frustration was slowly turning into visible anger. Great.. now, he should know what I'm feeling.

"Maybe you try asking that to yourself.."

"Wha-"

"I saw everything, you know? I'm not an idiot."

He shut his eyes as his nostrils flared with rage. "It is none of your business."

"I guess." I shrugged. "By the way, just so you know, you hurt two people who like you on the same day You need to be a really crappy person to do that." I gestured towards Carol sighing and leaving towards the door. She didn't deserve this either. I know as a friend I wasn't supposed to make my friend more guilty about what he did but the impulse to punch him was so much more.

"I know! Can you please just shut up?!" He gripped his hair, groaning. Is he gonna cry? He took three long breathes before relaxing. "I'm going to find Team."

"He said he wanted to alone. And maybe as a 'friend' you should respect that, don't you think?"

"I need to clear a misunderstanding."

"Oh. Though, what just happened didn't look like a misunderstanding. It looked very clear to me." I scoffed.

"Holy fuck- You don't know anything, alright?! So, for god's sake, shut up!" He sighed. "I don't have time for this."
He turned around to leave.

"Oh. Before you go, I'll let you know that... You're an asshole." I glared at the back of his head as he left.

I grabbed the cup beside me, unknown of its contents and gulped it all in one go. The liquid left a burning sensation in my throat and I felt like the world around me was shifting every second but it didn't hurt.

What hurt was.... The throbbing pain I felt in my heart. It felt like someone pushed a knife in the middle of my heart. And I thought it was all metaphorical when the characters in dramas or comics felt the same way but now that I felt it, it hurts both emotionally and physically.

I sighed as a single tear escaped my eye.

Ah... I hate this..

I hate this so much.

Broken Heart Syndrome is a serious medical condition that affects the patient's physical health and most importantly, the patient's heart. Patients who are suffering from this illness usually experience chest pain, breathing issues due to shock and stress. It is similar to a heart attack.

Goodness... Was it weird seeing Teed turn from a sweetheart to an asshole in one minute?

Damn... Teed...

Anyway... Sorry...this chapter was so small. I wasn't in the mood to write and I felt so exhausted but I just wanted to finish it. So, here it is. I hope you enjoyed seeing Teed be a badass lol.

Anyway, love you guys <3

Bye!