Chapter 15

What a rollercoaster!

Team threw himself on his bed without removing his clothes or socks. He was beyond tired to even get himself a cup of water. He had walked all the way home because the money he had on him; he gave it to the kid.

Team's tired eyes stared at the ceiling fan blankly. A lot had happened in a brief span of time, but all he could think of at the moment was how he'd have to explain everything to his friends. About why he cried or what happened.

He didn't think he would have to tell his friends about his pathetic story, but he had no other choice but to tell them. He feared they would leave him if he lied.

Why wouldn't they?

Team's thoughts slowly drifted off as his eyes started closing drowsily and he fell into a deep slumber.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I- I About y-yesterday-" Teed smiled and shook his head, gesturing him to stop talking.

"You don't have to give me an explanation. As far as I know, it was not your fault and even if it was, it is your story. I don't want to force you into telling me something you are clearly uncomfortable about. I'm your friend, alright? No matter what." If you'd say Team was shocked, it would be an understatement.

"B-But-"

"It worried me a little that you were gone without saying a thing, but I'm sure you had a reason. I would say that I'm a little curious, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that you're safe." Team couldn't believe his ears. He couldn't believe that a person he knew for less than a month would be this considerate towards his feelings.

It had been a long time since Team got this kind of treatment that he forgot his surroundings and grabbed his friend into a tight and close hug, without minding the surroundings.

Teed's eyes widened as he stared at the person in his arms.

"T-Team."

"Thank you so much."

"You're w-welcome." Teed stuttered, still shocked by Team's gesture. Team pulled back to look at the flustered look on Teed's face, then he looked around them.

His eyes widened, and he backed off with an embarrassed blush on his face. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at Teed.

"I'm sorry."

"C-Chill. It's not a big deal."

"TEAM, I'M SORRY."

Both of the flushed juniors turned their heads around to see Sammy dragging Sood towards them. They stood in front of Team and Yacht cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry, Team. I asked you a personal question and that in front of a crowd who didn't know you well enough. Also, I had no right to do that. I was really drunk. I am not trying to excuse my behaviour, but I promise I will make up to you. Here. This is not much, but accept it." He held out an orange soda in his hand.

Team hated orange soda. But his gesture touched him, so he smiled and took the bottle out of Yacht's hand.

"It's okay, Phi. It was not your fault. I just got a little emotional. Please don't blame yourself." Team smiled at his senior and Yacht returned the gesture.

RIIINNNNNNGGGG~

"Oh. Get going. You'll be late to class."

"Ok. Thank you for this, phi." He gestured and bowed to the seniors and turned around with Teed.