Chapter 53: The Fall of an Angel

Are these his memories?

---- Thousand year's ago (Fallen Angel's POV) ----

"Samuel" rinig kong tawag sakin ni Master.

Sa aming genration, si Master ang pinakamalakas na tao sa buong Elysia and bilang siya ang pinakmalakas, nakuha niya rin ako bilang guardian- ang pinakamalakas na anghel sa buong angkan.

"Master" I greeted him with a smile but he was frowning

I have been with him ever since he summoned me. Back then, we do a lot of things to have fun. Doing missions like we're just playing a game kasi nga malakas kami. We were once called as the ultimate duo of Elysia but everything changed when he turned 25. He was the eldest son of the current Emperor but he was not appointed as the Emperor. Instead, his little brother who was still 22 years old, became the Emperor.

As a guardian who was with him the whole time, I was disappointed that he was not appointed but I know exactly the reason why. Everyone knew that he was already responsible, mature, and ready for the throne but he was merciless. At the age of 23, while we were on a mission, a kid who took his food from his table. Instead of teaching him manners, I was ordered to kill him and the family secretly. It was against my feelings but abiding the master's order is not allowed so I was forced to kill them secretly at their homes and framed another person for my crime.

That was the firs dark paint that was painted in my whole white life and it continues. I began killing innocent people and erasing evidences of his crime for 2 years.

"Prepare an arc, we'll be visiting an island" he ordered and I nodded

I prepared all the things that he needed and we travelled across the sky. 

When we walked down on the island, I was surprised how lively it was even though the guardians and people here were weak. They welcomed us whole-heartedly which gave me a warm feeling inside. I was afraid that my master was here to do some crime but thankfully he was also having a happy time here. I was thinking that if we could live here, it will be the best because I don't think we'll be facing a lot of problems here.

We planned to stay here for three days but my master extended it to 1 week because he was having fun. For the first two days, we went fishing and hunting wild animals together with the people here. We had a feast and for a very long time, I've seen my master's smile once again. This island gave me hope that my master will eventually change and will rule the whole Elysia.

The people loved us and they even told my master that he should be the Emperor, not his brother - and from that, his smile vanished and went inside his cabin. I was called by him and ordered me to get some herbs in the forest.

While I was collecting herbs, I saw a beautiful girl in the river with his devil guardian watching her. They both turned around when they heard me and I smiled.

"Hey" she greeted at lumapit ako

"What are you doing in the middle of the night?" she asked

"Just running some errands" I replied and showed the herbs

"What's your name?" she asked

"My master named me Samuel" I replied with a smile

"I'm Astrid. This is Zero, he's my guardian." she replied and I smiled at him. He looked annoyed watching me maybe because I was talking to his master. A jealous-type of  guardian huh. That's cute.

For the rest of the night we talked and they even helped me get the herbs that I need. I finished my task earlier that expected and my master doesn't really want to see me for now so I went to Astrid's house to talk to her and Zero.

Zero is really protective and he cared for Astrid a lot and Astrid felt the same. 

"Have you ever ... killed someone before?" I asked and their eyes widen

"What? No. I will never order my guardian to kill people. That's inhumane" she replied. How I wish everyone was like her-- or should I say, how I wish my master was like her.

I heard a faint sound calling my name so I bid my goodbye at bumalik sa cabin ni master. This time, I was ordered to deliver a drink to his brother, the Emperor. Because I can teleport on places I've been to, it was a lot easier.

I delivered it to his brother who was really happy when I said it was from my master. 

"He really cared for me huh, hindi lang talaga niya pinapakita" he said and I chuckled. I glanced beside him and saw the current King of Hell- Asmodeus. He was holding a golden scroll- the Spell of Annihilation's scroll to be exact.

"Anong gagawin niyo po diyan?" I asked and poured a drink on a small glass

"Put it in a dungeon and hide it." he answered and Asmodeus vanished

"Well, then.. let me taste this drink" he added and began to drink it

"Hmm, that's delicious. Where is this came from?" he asked and I poured another one for him.

"In Ravaryn Island. My master is currently staying there." I replied and he nodded with a smile

I was about to go back but then the Emperor started to cough with blood. He glanced at me helplessly at napaatras ako.

"I-I see, a p-poison huh" he said ang my eyes widen

I tried to help him using my magic but it was not working because he basically drank the whole bottle.

"N-No, no, h-hang in there! I-I d-didn't k-know.. I-I'm sorry" I said with panic and he held my arm

"J-Just take care of my brother for me ... and .. t-this .. is n-not.. y-your fault" he said with a smile and his pulse vanished.

I stood up shaking at napilitang bumalik sa cabin ni master. He was smiling when he saw my panicked expression.

"With your expression, I guess my brother is dead." he said and laughed

"W-Why .." I whispered

"Thank you for committing my crime for me, Samuel." he said and sipped on his wine glass

"By the way, aalis na tayo. I'm done here. Nandito lang ako para kausapin ang mga tao kung anong halaman ang nakakamatay- they don't usually tell this to anyone but I think I got their trust so they told me" he added

"Humans are easy to read" he added again and began to laugh

Agad akong tumakbo palabas ng arc and I saw thousands of dead bodies with blood on their mouths. I also saw the drink that my master handed to me. I stared at the bodies and for the first time, I felt angry. I just can't take this. These people did do anything wrong but ... he killed them.

Sa di kalayoan I saw Astrid, smiling while giving blood to Zero who was also in pain. That broke me. They were good people, how can he do such thing?

Pumasok ako sa cabin at kinuha ang sword ng isang royal guard and without hesitation, I killed him. I killed my master.

Humans don't deserve our existence. 

And from that moment on, all I did was to kill, 

kill, 

kill, 

kill and 

kill- 

until my wings turned black.