Chapter 43: Last Survivor's Warning

"Grabe Lotus, I wasn't expecting that!" Velvet said with a face of amusement

Yeah, it was their first time seeing me in my demon form and Lance's angel form so it must have been shocking to them. They were really talking about it for some time now. We've been walking for hours dealing monsters such as wolves, other goblins, huge spiders, and even giants. It's surprising na hindi sila umaatake sa Khisfire to get some food, they are all carnivores you know but I bet they have their own food chain system here and if a human comes here, unfortunately humans will be the targeted.

"Malapit na ba tayo?" I asked 

"Not that close, it's getting darker we should rest for tonight" Diablo answered

"U-Uhh there is no safe place here" Velvet said

"Yeah, we'll just take turns in guarding" Lance said

Basically our goal for now is to find shelter. Although we found tents from the previous adventurers, hindi na namin magamit yun kasi aside sa sira na, blood stains were all over. In fact, we even saw rotten upper body beside on of the tents. I can tell the sun was coming down because the forest was getting darker than before. Buti nalang at may dala kaming pagkain kasi the trees here are also getting weirder.

There is this tree with a nice trunk and a circular fruit, we were about to go there to get some but a small monster went on first. Just after a couple of seconds, the fruit exploded along with that monster. Well, we all froze at iniwasan ang mga puno na yun kaya natagalan rin kami. Mas mabuti na yung matagal yung paglalakbay kesa naman lalapit kami dun, no thanks. No matter how strong we are, pag sasabog yun, sasabog rin kami.

Another thing, we even encountered a tree that looks like a man-eating tree but it does not only eat man, but monsters as well. In general, it was a carnivore tree and yes we decided to not take that route.

We are all worn out from this journey so we really need to rest. We didn't even reach that waterfall yet.

Legends says, the waterfall was made by the 7 strongest Seraphims and below there was the only road to the dungeon which were made by the 7 Emperors of Hell. What's bothering us is that, why do angels and demons make such place just for this scroll and why the hell are we getting this scroll??

I don't exactly know why but there are only two answers. It's either: The scroll was hidden to protect this country or the scroll was a treasure that grants immense power or even immortality to the one who opens it.

Whatever it is, wala pa rin kaming desisyon kung ibibigay ba talaga to namin or sisirain gaya ng utos ni Asmodeus.

"A cave!" biglang sigaw ni Aqua kaya napatingin agad kami

We walked papunta dun and saw remnants of woods to make a fire and even positioned rocks. Nauna akong pumasok and realized that this was not really there, this was man-made. Maybe out from earth magic. The cave was not too deep ant there was an anti-monster magic here I guess kasi wlang sign of intruders.

"I guess this cave belongs to that one group who never came back and have found the dungeon" I said

"Yeah I think so, look" Lance said pointing something at the cave. It was some kind of writings and drawings.

There were 8 circles, the first 4 were marked by an X using a charcoal. The next 3 was marked by an X but with blood. The last circle was supposed to marked with blood as well pero hindi ata natapos. Right below the circles, there were drawings. A dragon with two feet, a lizard, and a three headed monster.

"They must have faced this before they died" Lance said

The drawings were not that clear because I think, they were drawn at the brink of death, maybe warning future adventurers.

"Wait, this cave can't be intruded by monsters right, assuming that he wasn't able to finish the mark at the last circle which is maybe resembles him as the last survivor, why is there no body here?" I asked at nagtinginan kaming lahat

"Makes sense" Lance answered

"Maybe.." biglang sabi ni Prince Dylan na nasa malapitan ng cave entrance.

"because of this" he said pointing something

Lumapit kamin lahat dun at pinagmasdan ang last drawing. The drawing was still drawn by blood but the way it was illustrated was alarming. I can't identify it clearly at makikita din dito na minamadali niya ito. There were also blood stains from the drawing that we were looking earlier papunta rito. It was like, something or someone was grabbing him out. 

The first drawing was a a circle with some kind of wings? and beside it was another circle which has something inside it but what it it?

"Hey.. uhhh.." biglang tawag ni Velvet na nasa labas. She looked sick and was about to vomit.

"I uhh found something" she said while pointing at the back of the bushes

Agad kaming pumunta dun at the moment that we arrived, we immediately looked away at napatakip sa ilong. It was a dead body, most of them were rotten but some of the limb's skin were there but still, kadiri.

I glanced back and noticed that this person was holding something. Dahan-dahan akong lumapit kahit na madaming insektong nakapaligid dito at tinitign ang kamay niya na may hinahawakan.

"Oh please don't tell me you'll touch that corpse" Aqua said and vomitted

"Well.. I might" I answered and bent down to reach the hand

Before I could reach it, his foot caught my attention. There were markings of a human hands. If I'm not wrong, a man might have grabbed him by his foot and drew those drawings in the cave. I glanced back at the hand at kinuha ang hawak niya. His hand was clenched hard kaya nahirapan akong kunin yun but eventually, the fingers broke on its own at nakuha ko ang hawak niya.

"A button?" I said

"This guy is holding a button" I added

"Maybe that's the button of the man who dragged him out" Lance while glancing at me but still covering his nose replied and I nodded

Out of respect, we did out best to give him a proper burial on that spot. Noong nakabalik na kami sa cave, we were warming up using fire but still pinagmasadan ko ulit yung last drawing niya.

"A circle with wings huh" I said at napatingin sila sakin

"U-Um, this might be odd but what if.... WHAT IF... that circle resembles humans right just like what he marked. But what if... that circle with wings, he must be referring an angel or what? and that circle ... he must be referring to the button that you got." Aqua said 

"Ang angel?" I asked at may pumasok nalang bigla sa utak ko. What if..... they were attacked by ...

Agad ko kinuha ang button, all I saw earlier was the back side only. Agad kong hinarap ang button at nang makita ko ito, it fell into the ground.

"Why?" Diablo asked

"They must be dealing with ...." hindi ko matapos na salita and raised the front side of the button

"W-WHAT?" Velvet exclaimed

"This must be a joke" Aqua added with a shaky voice

A circle with wings and a button.

means

A fallen angel with a lion badge button.