Chapter 30: The Doll Maker

I walked around the store and all I saw were weird dolls but I can tell that they were made with interest because the details in each dolls are on point. From the hair to lashes and even on the limbs. I also noticed that not all dolls are made by the same items. Some were made of wax and some were made from wood. I even saw one made from steel.

I tried to look for the sound that I heard but I figured out it was inside the door just behind the cashier's table. I didn't bother knocking or even making a sound because I don't have any plans on buying one anyways.

We silently went out of the store and walked around the corridors again. As usual, no weird places or signs were found so we decided to go back to our meeting spot. Aqua and Velvet were not here yet so we decided to sit on the bench facing this robotic fountain.

"What do  you think is the kidnapper's goal?" Diablo asked at napatingin ako sa kanya

"Revenge can be one of it but I don't think it's the case" I answered and he nodded

"Kidnapping without ransom sounds like a hobby to me" he said 

"Yeah, sounds like it" I answered

We stayed silent for the following minutes while I was staring the fountain. The sunrays are also going down so I guess, they'll be here any minute from now. The people are also starting to gather here because this part is where the night markets will open. I didn't really mind watching them but one girl caught my attention. She has this blonde hair and was wearing a bright pink dress who was watching from the corridor. She looked hypnotized.

Biglang dumating sina Velvet at bago paman sila makapagsalita I pointed at the girl. 

"What is she watching?" Seraphiel asked

"The culprit?" Aquarius answered at nagtinginan kaming tatlo

Just when we glanced back, the girl already walked in that dark corridor. We immediately ran towards it. Originally, we will be using Aqua as bait but I guess we don't have to anymore. When we arrived in the corridor, all we saw was the girl's pink gown turning right. Our guardians went back to our summoning circles kasi masyadong masikip dito and it will delay us. We can just summon them if we needed help already.

We ran towards the right direction and we lost them.

"Damnit!" Velvet cursed and stomped his foot on the ground

I looked around and realized that this place was familiar, I came here earlier. I strolled my eyes and saw a familiar way where they could have been. Agad akong tumakbo dun.

"Lotus, where are you going??" Aqua asked at sumunod silang dalawa sakin

I don't know why but it seems like my body know where they are. I trusted my guts and just ran on corridors after corridors. We've passed a lot of them but my body won't just stop.

I heard that instrumental sound again and I stopped.

"You hear that?" Velvet asked 

"The doll store" I mumbled

"Doll what?" Aqua asked

"I went here earlier. I visited a doll store before going back. There were creepy dolls inside made of wax and other items. Their dolls looked so realistic, the hairs looked like human's hair and--" hindi ko matapos yung nasabi ko 

"Why? What's wrong?" Aqua asked

"Did you guys brought pictures of the missing girls?" I asked and handed me some of them