48. no regrets

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Heeseung's POV

"Looking forward to working with you." I said out with a satisfied smile and reached out my hand for a handshake. Kim Seohyun shook my hands as she slightly smiled. We were finally business partners and it couldn't be greater to have her as my business partner and well life partner as well. The staffs clapped seeing the successful deal as I happily bowed to everyone before getting out of the place. Sitting on my car, I waited for a while until Seohyun came and entered the car sitting beside me.

"Finally." I said out pulling her into a tight hug all of a sudden as she coughed out patting my back. "Yeah I can't breath okay." The girl let it out as I chuckled pulling away from her and cupped her cheeks just staring at her. And slowly my smile disappeared confusing her. "What is it?" Seohyun said out as I sighed feeling worried yet once again. "Are you sure you wanna meet my mother alone?" Slowly saying out, I held onto the driving wheels feeling nervous.

The girl came forward and held my hand with both her hands as she gave me a soft smile. "It's going to be fine. I promise you." Seohyun tried assuring me but whatever that has happened in the past, I didn't know if everything would be alright or not. "But Seohyun.." she cut me off shaking her head. "Hey. She's your mother. She won't do anything that would break your heart again. And I am determined this time okay." I slightly nodded with a tiny smile as she ruffled my hair sitting properly.

Seohyun's POV

I breathed heavily entering the same cafe and there, seated the old woman in her elegant manner. Walking towards the table, I simply bowed and sat down in front of Mrs. Lee as she drank her coffee unbothered. "Why are we meeting here?" She said out as I looked at her settling down. "I think it's best for Heeseung if we get in good terms." The old woman chuckled at what I said making me confused as she put the cup of coffee on the table, now staring at me.

"Look Kim Seohyun. I don't like you even though I know how much my son wants you." She smirked at me as I let out a scoff which sounded more like a satisfied smile. "What Heeseung feels is what I care for, Mrs. Lee." Obviously my choice of words wasn't very appreciated by Heeseung's mother but she had to accept it no matter what. "Listen girl. Watch your tongue." The woman sounded offended as I eyed her and took a sip of my coffee. "I haven't started yet ma'am."

The old lady kept silent and wasn't really liking this conversation at all so I decided to get to the real thing for which I came here today. "It's completely fine if you want to keep having this cold and hateful relationship with me, but if you want, we can be better," I suggested. Mrs. Lee was now thinking about what I said while I rested on the comfortable chair waiting for her reply. But guess she still wasn't really supportive.

"I wouldn't mind having a motherly figure scold me if it were you." So flattering her up was the next step. I quickly said it out calmly and drank my coffee not making any eye contact with Heeseung's mother. She narrowed her eyes smirking at my sudden remark. The woman spent a lot of time thinking and finally came to a conclusion. "Fine. But that doesn't mean I already accept you as my son's girlfriend. It will take time."