25. low chances

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Seohyun's POV

It's been hours since I have been stressing over stuffs. Office work and then about Heeseung's grandmother. Finding it hard to breathe I took big heavy sighs and walked to the coffee station to make myself a cup of coffee to overcome the sleepiness I had. Having a sudden burst of flow down my blood vessels, I felt sick as my hand started shaking to the point the glass of coffee fell from my hand shattering into pieces all over the marble floor.

"Ma'am? Oh god are you okay?" Jungwon ran upto me as I supported myself on him not falling off as he worriedly stared at me before making me sit on the couch. "Are you fine noona?" I nodded as the pain in my head disappeared slowly. "I'm just stressed, it's alright don't worry." He just sighed as I finally had the strength to get back to my working area. "You should really eat something." I shook my head as he sighed giving up.

-

Getting out of the car, I stared at the huge hospital in front of me before walking inside to meet with Lee Heeseung. While I entered the room, I noticed the guy asleep by his grandma's side as my face softened. Sitting silently beside him I stared at his face for a while before caressing him slightly but the guy was a light sleeper so immediately woke up. "Seohyun." He whispered half asleep as I smiled at him slightly.

"Did you fine any replacement?" The first thing he asked after waking up. I felt a bit uncomfortable by him directly going to that question but knowing the current situation, I wasn't exactly shocked. But what about the answer? I had none. No answer. And I didn't want him to look down at me. So sighing, I looked up and confidently nodded which could also be called as lying at that moment but it was all worth it after seeing the once gloomy guy's face lighten up with colours.

"You did??!" He whisper shouted and hugged me before I could say anything. I had been dreading this warmth for a while now and now that I've gotten it I am not risking it so I just hummed and hugged him back closing my eyes.

-

Niki's POV

I walked to the hospital to see Jungwon hyung waiting at the receptionist. He stood up seeing me as he made his way towards me. "Where's CEO Kim?" I took the guy to the hallway where hyung's grandma was admitted as we saw Seohyun noona coming out of the room bidding farewell to her boyfriend. "Noona!" Jungwon hyung excitedly shouted walking to the girl as she looked at us both with confusion.

"Why are you here Mr. Yang?" The girl asked her assistant as Jungwon hyung breathed before talking again. "We found it. The donor." He said out as a big smile appeared on my face. I looked over at the girl as she looked pretty calm about this instead of freaking out like me. "Omg hyung!" I shouted in excitement ready to tell Heeseung hyung about this but a voice from behind stopped me.

"It still isn't easy." Seohyun noona looked behind to see the doctor walking over to us. "We were coming to meet you Dr. Roh." She said out as the doctor clicked his tongue. "Hmm I'm guessing you found the donor?" We nodded as he sighed. "What is it doctor?" The working woman asked again as the doctor hesitated to say but decided to say it anyways. "Look Seohyun. I know Heeseung's grandmother has found a donor but there's really no guarantee that the replacement will work."

My heart dropped hearing it as the doctor seemed unsure himself. "Why do you think that doctor?" Seohyun noona really did know how to not react much in any sort of situation. "She's already too old for this. On top of this she has gotten other health issues. This operation is risky for anyone but for a person like Mrs. Lee, it's gonna be harder."

He made sense but it was scary. I couldn't imagine how heartbroken hyung would be to lose his grandma. "And I have been wanting to tell this to Heeseung too but the boy just looks too messy right now." The doctor seemed a bit disturbed himself while talking about this topic. "But you should tell him soon to be prepared." With that the man with the white apron left the place leaving us three silent.

"We should tell him." Jungwon hyung weakly said out as I nodded. "No." The girl who wasn't facing us all this time now faced us confusing us with her pale emotionless face. "No one is telling Heeseung anything about this." With that she was gonna leave without explaining when I stopped her. "But why?" She stopped as we saw her back. "Because he won't be able to bear it. And there is nothing that can tell us that what the doctor will be the truth or not."

With that, the girl left.

Seohyun's POV

I was all alone at the house simply overthinking at this point. I was scared. I was scared to death thinking about the consequences of tomorrow's operation. Shaking, I gave up on working and sighed holding my head not being to able to cope with the stress anymore. Grabbing my phone I dialed my brother's number. "Hi sis I'm currently driving so-"

"Just talk to me now Sunoo." I said out slowly playing with my pen. "Oh. Okay yes sure. You okay? What's wrong?" The guy asked as I sighed. I didn't want to tell him anything and make him stress along with me so just stayed silent for a while. "Nothing. I just feel like shit." The guy chuckled from the other side of the line. "Well that's not new for you to feel that way." I scoffed hearing him but soon it got all silent. "Hey what's wrong?"

"I'm just scared. What if I ruin everything and everyone hates me?" It was not new for me to tell Sunoo about how I actually felt sometimes. That dude would find out everything without even trying. "I don't know what you're talking about but just so you know, it's not a crime if things sometimes go wrong okay." And with that he started comforting me making me feel a lot better.

-

"Alright bye." I cut the call taking a deep breathe and then looked at the familiar name as I clicked on it while the phone rang by my ears. "Kim Seohyun?"

"Uhh yes Dr. Roh. It's me. I had one question." I internally regretted calling him but there's no backing off now. "And what is it?" I didn't wanna waste his or my time so I got right to the point. "What are the chances of her survival?" I was worried sick. Knowing how devastated Heeseung would be to lose his grandma, I needed some kind of hope for myself to have. "Seohyun I told you it's less-"

"Just say the number." I wanted him to be brutally honest with me but was scared at the same time. "About 5%." Was it enough to make me feel better? No it made me feel worse but those 5% were my only hope and I wasn't letting it die. With that I cut the call ending my day right there.

| | • • • • • | |

It's about time I say it, the story is just starting to begin bwahahaha