Ch 20 An Unhappy Mother

Começar do início

"Have you seen the costume he wore at the Hogwarts Christmas Ball?" Paul scoffed. He brought out a photograph. Jesus was in a costume that was very American Hispanic, very colorful. Their daughter Ginny's dress was obviously Chinese.

Ginny Potter remarked, "You have a lovely daughter, and I can see she is proud of her Chinese heritage. Jesus is proud of his heritage as well. I think that is wonderful!"

"But it looks like she is dating him!" Patricia protested. "I understand that when they opened the doors stars came over them, like they do at a wedding, and somehow it reinforced the idea that there were four couples."

"I was there when they opened the door for the second time," Harry confirmed. "There were stars, and they were very much like the wedding stars, but not very many. I understand that there were many more the first time they opened the doors."

"What does that mean?" Patricia wondered, horror on her face.

"Probably that they are well on their way to becoming a couple," Harry suggested. "Cleo has uncanny instincts on which witches and wizards will make good couples. I will ask her, if you want to know."

"He is not Han Chinese!" Patricia objected.

"Hybrid vigor," Ginny kidded. "I know Cleopatra has the most magical genes they have ever found in one person, and she has them because she is not pure anything."

"They are too young!" Paul objected.

"That is a problem," Harry agreed. "Magi seem to be maturing way too early at Hogwarts. There are very strong spells keeping the students from becoming intimate before they are sixteen, and I believe your daughter is only going into fourth year, so you have a couple of years before you have to worry."

"With a September birthday, she will have almost three school years with THAT boy after they turn sixteen," Patricia huffed. "She has told me that he has a September birthday as well. She has told me way too much about that Rios boy, like she is infatuated with him."

"What is it about them becoming rulers, or something like that?" Paul wondered.

"Ginny and I are the regents for the rulers to come, from what I understand, because I inherited the position when I killed Tom Riddle. He could never assume the position because he did not have any children, and by the time he killed the last regent family he could not father children. He had sacrificed too much of his humanity, including that part of himself," Harry pointed towards his private's. "I saw them. Smaller than a baby's.

"I understand that the next rulers need to appoint new regents. Albus has thought about it, and for a number of reasons he wants to appoint a couple not related to him. The Elves agree. One of the problems the governing of the Magi has had is a hereditary leadership here in Switzerland. If you always leave leadership to a biological heir eventually you have an idiot, or a bad person. You can get the same thing with elections as well, but you are not stuck with bad leadership until somehow a good person succeeds a bad one. With inherited leadership you could end up with generations of incompetent or bad leadership."

"So are you still going to be the regents?" Paul wondered.

"I think Albus needs something like the American vice-president, except that the prophesies and some old laws make it difficult for it to be an elder," Harry replied. "Albus has spent hours talking to the prophets and the other people who know the laws and traditions of the valley. It is a difficult situation, and I guess with time and effort he may be able to change it. Meanwhile, the fact that your daughter and Jesus were able, as a couple, to open the doors to that chamber is probably very significant."