.:LatviaxReader-My Light:.

Start from the beginning

The long sleeves stopped just past my palms, making my only swollen fingers only visible as they curled around the gloriously warm cup. I didn't realize it, but I sat there staring into the brown liquid for a while. I was drawn out of my reverie by a small, soft hand being placed over mine. "It's only tea," she said, as she pulled her hand away from mine, much to my disappointment. "I put some honey in it, to help that nasty cough of yours, and it should warm you up too, so... Please. Drink up." Her warm (e/c) eyes bore into me, begging me softly. I complied obediently. This made her smile. She had such a beautiful smile...

As I drank the delicious beverage, mulling over the girl's amazing kindness and I could repay her, I was drawn back to reality by a weak call. "_______....!" ______? I thought to myself, secretly smiling into my drink, ______.... What a pretty name...

______ gasped and hurried off into the other room.

I silently continued to sip my tea, patiently waiting for her to return. When the door finally reopened, my heart skipped a beat. The (h/c) was now dressed in a long white nightgown and her hair was tied back partially with a matching white ribbon. She continued to bustle around the house doing this, that and the other thing until finally, at last, she knelt on the floor a short distance from me, with her eyes shyly turned up to mind.

"I'm sorry. I haven't even been able to introduce myself... I'm _____ ______. What's your name?"

I softly spoke for the first time that night, "R-Raivis... My name is Raivis Galante."

_____ smiled softly to herself. "Raivis..." She repeated, murmuring my name as though she was testing how it felt as it rolled off of her tongue. I could feel my ears burning at the thought. Louder this time, she asked, "H-How are you feeling?"

I had every intention of answering her, but when I opened my mouth, I blurted out in hushed tones, "Why did you help me?"

She blinked at me, seemingly caught off guard by the question. "I... I don't know," she shrugged. "I just had this gut feeling, you know? Something told me to help you. And... Besides.... You really seem like you could use a friend right about now..." She smiled sheepishly.

I was silent for a moment, gazing at her with wide eyes, before I turned back to my half-empty mug. "I...." I ran my fingertip along the handle absentmindedly. "I'm okay." Speaking very softly, I then murmured, "Thank you."

_____ relaxed. "You're welcome." There was a short pause full of easy silence before she took a deep breath and broke it once more. "Um..." She shyly began, and I turned my head towards her to show that she hard my full attention, despite the fact that I simply couldn't make eye contact with her. This must've upped her courage enough to continue. "Th...The person in the other room is my mother... Sh-she's very sick. My father died four years ago and..." She bit her lip, "Raivis.... I-If you don't mind me asking... Why were you out there all alone?"

I drew in a shaky breath, fighting back the impending onslaught of tears that threatened to make a reappearance. But... Something in me told me that I could tell her anything. That I could trust her... So, somehow I managed to tell her everything without crying like a baby, and she listened intently, taking in each and every word. When I'd finished, I looked down at her. Her innocent eyes gazed back at me with sympathy, respect, and a whole slew of other emotions. But what really shocked me was what she did next. She got to her feet, stepped over to me, and wrapped her arms around me, holding me close in a gentle embrace. I tensed up, "_-______?"

She quickly released me, blushing, "S-Sorry. It's just that... It's so sad. I had no idea that... Oh, Raivis... You don't deserve this..." She laughed sadly, "You know, I always thought that I had it bad... I feel so...whiny now..." I had so many things that I wanted to say, but I simply couldn't find the right words. So, I simply looked at her, trying to relay my feelings to her through my eyes, but she didn't meet them. _____ sighed. "We should be getting to sleep, especially you, Raivis. The rest will do you good." I looked down into my lap, setting my cup aside. I nodded mutely. "You can sleep there on the sofa, and I'll be right here if you need me."