Chapter 31: "Wanna video call?"

Mulai dari awal

"I told you, I am back. I am back for you and the kids. I'm back to make things right." My mom scoffs at that, "Are you really, James? Or are you just back because she figured out how much of a bastard you really are and kicked you out?" My mom says and my eyebrows furrow.

She? Who is she?

"I-I- You don't get it Isabelle! I really am here to make things right," he argues weakly. My mom shakes her head in disbelief, "We don't need you, James. Not anymore."

My dad gulps, "Just give me one more chance, I swear I will do my best to make it up to you. It can be like before, before I left," my dad pleads and I feel Jay's arm brush against mine.

I turn away from my parents and look at Jay, who is staring ahead at dad with a clenched jaw.

"James. Leave, please." My mom says. "Isabelle, don't be like this. We can work it out. Please," my dad pleads.

Mom shakes her head, "We can't James, especially after what you did, we can't. I can't trust you anymore," My mom says as she stares at my dad and he tries to step closer to her but she steps back and brings her hand in front of her.

"Don't, please. Leave." She says and dad sighs. He looks at Jay and I with sad eyes before turning around and walking away.

Once he is at the end of our driveway he turns around, "Just think about it, please Isabelle. I swear we can make it work," Dad says and mom chuckles sadly. "We can't. You and I both know that," she whispers harshly to him before turning away. She walks up the porch brushes past us and into the house.

My dad looks at us one last time before he turns and walks away.

♡♡♡

None of us say anything as we sit there in the living room.

I think all of us are just trying to process what just happened.

My dad showed up after years.

All of us were surprised to say at least. I looked at mom who was sitting on one of the arm chairs. Her breathing steady as she was deep in thought.

I looked back at Jay, who was sitting right next to me, his head rolled back as he started at the ceiling.

"I know both of you have questions," my mom finally says and our eyes go to her. She continues, "And I will answer them. Once Ryan comes home."

We nod, my lower lip rolling in my mouth as I looked at my mom. She got up and took a seat between Jay and I.

Her arms went around the both of us and she hugged us. Both our arms wrapped around her too as we held her tight with our heads on her shoulder.

She placed a kiss on both of our foreheads, "How are both of you feeling?" She asks softly. "Angry, pissed? I don't know," Jay mumbles and my mom nods.

"Indy?" She asks. "I don't know... I am just shocked," I mumble and my mom nods before squeezing us both. "I don't know why or how he showed up. I swear, I thought he was out of our lives for good. Seeing him here scared and shocked me at the same time," she said with a small exhale just as the door opened.

Mom removed her arms from around us as we all sat up straighter just as Ryan entered the room with a big smile on his face, but his smile dropped the moment he saw us.