Prologue: "Don't talk to her like that."

I wake up to the sound of some loud noises coming from downstairs

I wake up to the sound of some loud noises coming from downstairs. I sit on my bed and rub my eyes sleepily, trying to unblur my vision and wake myself up slightly before picking my phone and looking at the time. 1: 28 am.

My eyebrows furrowing, I wonder what in the world is going on downstairs as I hear the sound of something breaking which causes my eyes to widen slightly as I get off my bed. Opening the door to my room I see Jayden and Ryan coming out of their rooms too. "What's that noise?" Jayden asks through a yawn. "I don't know." Ryan mumbles while furrowing his eyebrows, his eyes slight trying to open themselves up completely because he just probably woke up too because of the noises.

We all start walking down the stairs together and as we get closer we hear muffled voices, once close enough the voices of our parents get more clearer to our ears. "-Please, James. You can't do this," we hear a sob come from our mother.

"Like hell I can't! Isabelle. I don't love you, get that if your fucking head!" We hear the voice of our father yelling. The three of us turn to each other with wide eyes; we never heard dad raise his voice, ever, especially on mom.

We make it down the stairs and into the living room which is a mess with photo frames thrown around, shattered glass all around the floor and mom's favourite flowers now on the wooden floor along with its now broken vase. "Please, James don't do this. Y-you can't just leave. Think about the kids!" My mom sobs, her cheeks are wet from crying and her eyes red, she is on her knees holding onto my dad's arms and begging him to stay. My dad was going to say something, until he saw the three of us staying in the entrance of the living room.

"All of you go to your rooms right now!" He says harshly, his voice so mean and cold that it is unrecognizable. "D-Dad what's happening?" I ask, fearfully, a lump forming in my throat.

I have never seen my dad look this scary and mean. "Indiana, I said up in your room now!" He growls making me flinch back. Jayden immediately puts an arm around my shoulder when he sees the hurt on my face. "Don't talk to her like that," Ryan says as he looks at my dad.

"Don't tell me what to do, go up to your room now!" He says and pulls his arm away from my moms grip. He walks towards us, his face unrecognizable, and his eyes cold and filled with hatred instead of its usual warmth and love. I cower into Jayden's hold when my dad's eyes meet mine, and his eyes slightly soften when they look into my blue eyes that are just like his, but slightly lighter if you look closely.

"Go to your room." He says, more calmly this time. "But-" He cuts off what Jayden is saying by slapping him across the face. The sound echoing throughout the room. Everything goes still for a moment, all the noise dies down, even my mom's sobs. Jayden puts his free hand on his cheek and gulps, to hold back tears.

Dad had never ever even shown anger towards us, much rather hit any of us.

"James!" My mom gasps as she gets onto her feet and walks towards Jayden, whose jaw is clenched slightly. "I thought I said to go back to your room!" He yells and tears form in my eyes seeing my dad like this.

My mom rushes towards Jayden and lifts his face, making him look at her. She removes his hand from his cheek gently and looks at his red cheek and gasps lightly. My dad's fingers are clearly visible on his cheek, and his cheek is red and swollen. Her hand runs over his cheek, making him flinch back in pain.

My mom removes and looks at my dad, anger in her eyes. That's the thing with mom, you can hit her, do whatever you want but she won't say anything, but if you even as much as dare touch her kids she will lose it.

She doesn't say anything instead she raises her hand and slaps my dad. His head whips to the side and he holds his cheek. "I get it, you didn't want to get the kids involved and that you weren't in the right mind. But that gives you no right to hit my children. You may be their father but that gives you no right to hit my children." She says as she points a finger at him.

Mom wipes off her tears furiously as she looks at him. "You want to leave? Well get out. Get out of my house. Get away from my children." She spits as she looks at him and I see tears forming in her eyes as she points towards the door, but she holds them back.

My dad seems taken back, but then the scary look reappears, "Glady!" He spits as he walks towards the door. He opens the door and just before leaving his eyes meet mine, his eyes soften for just a second before they darken again and then he slams the door shut, walking away.

My mom breaks down the minute the door closes, falling to her knees, tears falling down and broken sobs escaping from her throat. I want to help her. I want to hug her, tell her everything will be fine. But my body is frozen, my eyes fixed to the door where my father just walked out of. Ryan kneels down beside my mom, he hugs her, tucking her face in his chest. She cries into his chest, her hands fisting against his shirt. He rubs her back trying to comfort her, as his own eyes get slightly glossy staring at the door too. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I break out of the trance I was in. I look next to me at Jayden, he is looking at me with teary eyes, the tears look like they will fall any second, but Jayden isn't one to cry.

The moment I see his cheek my tears start to fall down and sobs escape my mouth. Jayden pulls me to his chest and I hug him tight. His one arm wrapping around me, the other on the back of my head. "It will be alright." He whispers and kisses my hair.

The house fills up with the sobs of me and my mother and the slient cries of my brothers. Because that was the last time we saw my father.

Two weeks later my dad mailed the divorce papers to my mom. I stand there staring at my mom who is crying and sobbing, both my brothers trying to calm her down. I can't move, my eyes are fixed on the green papers which have the sign of my father.

My mom signed the papers a few days later, she looked drained as she was holding the pen with shaky hands as she signed the paper. Her skin pale, unlike its usual shine.

My dad didn't even try to fight for our custody, nor did he pay child support for us. He just left, vanishing from our life.

X-X-X

Hey readers! Here is the prologue. Hope you like it, make sure to vote and comment, It makes my day.

(Jayden in the GIF above ^^)

Hope to see y'all in chapter 1!

Love,

Your Author, Rory <3

(edited)