Chapter 23: "Is he your boyfriend or something?"

We kissed

We kissed.

Holy moly, we kissed.

Austin Reed kissed me and I liked it.

The feeling of his lips against mine felt like a feeling I was craving for a long time and when they had finally touched mine, I swear my body had relaxed in relief and satisfaction. It was a whole new feeling. The butterflies, the sparks, everything.

I had kissed 3 guys before; all of them being just a small peck or a maximum 4-second kiss which was probably out of a dare or a game of spin the bottle. But never once had I felt the way I did today.

I thought the sparks only existed in a romance novel and not in real life. But Austin Reed had proved me wrong by kissing me and making me feel things I had only ever read about in books.

Butterflies fluttered all around my stomach as the kiss from today afternoon replayed in my head as I shifted in bed yet another time this night, trying to fall asleep only to be unsuccessful and drowning in my thoughts of Austin Reed and how soft his lips felt against mine.

It all felt surreal and I found myself smiling and touching my lips as I stared at my ceiling. My eyes moved to my window and I saw my curtains flying with the wind and moonlight enter my room and provide it little light so that it isn't too dark. I slowly pushed the covers off me and sighed softly.

I wonder if he is awake.

As if on cue my phone pinged. I gently sat up, careful not to wake up Ace who was sleeping and slightly snoring on my bed. He isn't ideally allowed on my bed, but well he doesn't listen to me, always wanting to sleep on my bed and a part of me believes it because he wants to make sure I am fine and not having a nightmare.

I pick up my phone and turn it on; smiling when I see who the text is from.

Austin💕: U up?

I look out my window and notice his lights are on, and his curtains were almost closed, but not completely.

Me: Nope

I can picture him rolling his eyes slightly as he responds.

Austin💕: U sleep texting or smth? Damn, shorty didn't know u were that talented

I rolled my eyes slightly but smiled as I responded.

Me: Idiot, I was being sarcastic

Austin💕: Figured

Me: U can't fall asleep either can u?

I hesitate a bit before sending it.

Austin💕: U got that right. As cheesy as it sounds I keep thinking back to our kiss.