Chapter 16: "Oh my god! Finally!"

My stomach hurts

My stomach hurts. It's day 3 of my period and I swear I pretty much hate everything around me. I am snuggled in my comforters with no motive to get of what so ever.

Thank God it's a Sunday.

After the game on Friday night, which we won, my cramps got pretty bad. Jay had to attend the after party so Paris had dropped me home, Alec did come to the game but left pretty early. Also, Paris did end up wearing Jay's jersey.

Jay had asked her over lunch on Friday and she very shyly agreed, I swear those two are so cute. I have also noticed they are a bit flirty around each other and there are quite a few blushes here and there. I am honestly happy for them.

Austin had come to the game on Friday, even though he was suspended. I saw him sitting on the side just watching and I could practically see how frustrated he was because he couldn't be on field.

We did talk a bit after the game before my craps started and I had to go home. And ever since then I haven't dared stepping out of the house.

Austin and I... we have been texting, not about school work but just in general, asking each other how we are and all of that stuff. I think it's some progress, he isn't all cold and distant anymore, he actually smiles around me and talks.

My phone buzzes and I groan slightly before my hand comes out from under my comforter and I look around for my phone. Once I finally find it, I pull it in the comforter and unlock it only to see a message from Austin, which for some reason makes me all giddy.

I open it with furrowed eyebrows, wondering what he may have texted me in the morning.

Austin: Hey shorty, I realized I still have ur notes and forgot to give them to u. Mind if I come over and give them to u now?

A smile comes on my face at the nickname he has given me. Ever since he has called me 'shorty' it has stuck around. Sometimes he just calls me that on instinct and other times to annoy me. Little does he know deep down inside I for some reason like it.

I respond back to the message.

Me: Yeah sure.

I put my phone back down and groan when I realize I have to get up. I push the comforters off of me and sit up. I stretch and yawn before I hear the doorbell which makes me jump slightly.

I know Jay or my mom are downstairs so I don't bother going to open the door, instead I make myself a bit more presentable and by that, I mean taming my mess of hair. I run my fingers through it trying to unknot it and closing my eyes in pain when I pull a bit to hard.

A few seconds later I hear a knock on my door and my eyes widen. I look around my room and see my unmade bed, a few clothes fallen on the floor, a few books around my study table, Ace sleeping on his dog bed in one of the corners in the room, my closet door open and showing my messed up closet and last but not the least my eyes go down to the donut pajamas I am wearing.