Chapter Two

"Get up sister!" Kat said while opening the door. I looked at her, dressed in a beautiful grey and purple dress, her hair pulled back a little and in loose curls. "Kat, let me sleep ten minutes more?" I questioned her as I pulled the blanket over my head. "Damon sent me," she giggled. I threw the blanket off of me and stepped out of bed. "He's waiting in the garden" I went to my bag and brought out a baby blue dress that looked identical to Kat's dress. "I'll be down in a bit" I said, smiling as she left.

I was dressed and walked down the steps to see Stefan rushing after Katherine in the garden. I went outside and stood next to Damon, who was leaning against a stone statue. "Hello" He glanced at me. His smile lit up his eyes. "Little Pierce" I smiled looking down at my feet "Please don't call me that" 

"Then I will call you flower. You are as beautiful as one" I felt my cheeks heat up. He places his fingers under my chin, softly urging me to look at him. I look into his pretty blue eyes. "What do you think of that? Flower.." I could feel my cheeks redden as his thumb brushed against my cheek. "I like it." I answered him. His thumb then brushed lightly over my bottom lip, his eyes never leaving mine. He starts leaning in, I take this moment to tap his nose and run away leaving him dumbfounded.

He started chasing after me, after a few minutes he caught up to me and we hugged for a few moments. His grip loosened and I pulled away from his embrace. "I had set something up for you" he intertwined his fingers with mine and pulled me towards a river, which is a way from the Salvatore house. He leads me up to a picnic spot, us both smiling and enjoying our time together.

 He leads me up to a picnic spot, us both smiling and enjoying our time together

"Is this for us?" I asked him. I let go of his hand and picked up my dress, going closer to the set up. "For you, Flower" I blush at his words, he sat down at one side of the blanket. He reached his hand up to me, I take it and sat near him. "It's perfect" I muttered, smiling brightly. We ate and talked until the sun slowly went down. 

"Do you like my sister?" I knew I might not like his answer, I just needed an answer before I fell into a web of falling for a guy who has fallen for my sister. "No, I don't" he said, handing me a strawberry. I reach to take it, but he pulls his hand away "Open your mouth" he presses the strawberry to my lip, and I take a bite. A few drops of the sticky juice drips to my chin. "I'm so sorry!" I softly laughed as I leaned forward to grab a napkin. "Let me" he objected as he leaned into me. His warm lips surrounding mine, his thumb rubbing along my chin, wiping the juice away. We finally pull apart and all we can do is smile at each other. 

We sit in a comfortable silence until I finally spoke. "We should be getting back soon.." I tilted my head looking into his eyes. He breaks the eye contact and kneels on the blanket. "I'd love to stay but I think my sister would send search parties for us.." I got onto my own knees and started helping hum clean up. "Tonight, was wonderful Damon" I said as we stood up, he grabbed the basket, and I grabbed the blanket. "I'm glad you liked it, Flower" He replied. We started walking back hand in hand, us both smiling like tonight was our best night. 

We walked up to the Salvatore house to see my sister standing at the steps, her hands on her hips like an angry mother. "Did you two enjoy your day together?" She asked a happy yet bitter tone. "We did, the picnic was perfect." I smiled at Damon. "Goodnight, Flower" He took my hand and kissed my knuckles before stepping towards the door. "Goodnight Katherine." He said with a smile before going inside, closing the door. "So, you and Damon? Flower?" She asked, bitterness laced in her voice. 

"Yes, I like him.. And we kissed. He gave me the nickname flower when I asked him not to call me 'Little Pierce'" She rolled her eyes. I don't understand her sudden bitterness towards me, or Damon. "I should be getting to bed, Kat" I said, hopeful that her sudden mood would change. "Yes! Goodnight, little sister" She exclaimed. "Goodnight." 

We went inside to our separate rooms. I get ready for bed, taking off the dress and corset. I got into my nightgown and crawled into my bed, I stopped when I felt warm skin beneath me. I hear the person's heart beating as I lay right beside them. "Who are you?" I sternly asked. "Shh" Arms wrap around me as I finally recognize the person through the shining moonlight. "Damon! What are you doing here?" I whispered as he held me close to him. "I came to hold you." He whispered back; I could make out his smirk through the dim light. I shook my head and snuggled into his bare chest. I closed my eyes, falling into a peaceful slumber as his heart beating and his kept breathing the room from going silent.