11: I May Not Like You, but I Will Kill for You

Once she unpacked the last of her things, Jiseol sighed in relief

Once she unpacked the last of her things, Jiseol sighed in relief. As comfortable as she was living with Chenle (and Kun was more than welcoming too), nothing beat the feeling of being in her own bed, surrounded by what was most familiar to her. Her eyes darted to the wall behind her, the wall that separated her room from Donghyuck's, and asked herself if she was ready to talk to him.

It had already been a couple hours since she came home. Donghyuck apparently hadn't noticed, what with the loud rock music that had been playing since she arrived—it was any minute now before one of their neighbors came banging on their front door to tell him to shut up. She decided to procrastinate talking to Donghyuck, choosing to unpack and have dinner first, mostly because she didn't know what to expect from Donghyuck.

What if he blamed her for humiliating herself?
What if he gave her the cold shoulder for not believing in him in the first place?
What if it was true that he was culprit and she was fooled into believing him?

Brushing off her overthinking, Jiseol decided to just go ahead with it. She had to get it over with at some point, might as well make it soon. She left her room and stood in front of Donghyuck's door, knuckles hovering as she hesitated to knock. Right when she was about to knock, the door abruptly swung open and it shocked both Jiseol and Donghyuck as the two of them screamed at the unexpected sight of each other.

"I didn't know you could scream like that," Donghyuck held a hand to his chest. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"It's my house, too, you know." Jiseol mumbled, a little embarrassed since she usually wasn't one to even flinch when she get frightened.

"So you're home for good now?"

Jiseol noticed the hopeful tone in Donghyuck's voice and that was when she got a closer look at him. He looked so disheveled that she probably wouldn't have recognized him if they bumped into each other in the streets; the reading glasses he was wearing somehow emphasized the bags under his eyes, his stubble was unkempt and his hair looked like a tornado had blown through it.

"Damn, it's only been a few days and you already look like Tom Hanks in Castaway," Jiseol commented. Her eyes then bulged open when she realized that just like herself, Donghyuck's hair was sporting a brand new color: the same exact shade of pink as hers.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

She had risked hair damage just to escape having matching hair colors with Donghyuck, only for him to coincidentally redye his own hair the same color as hers. How mortifying.

"To be fair, I had no idea your hair is pink now," Donghyuck scoffed, crossing his arms. "This whole thing stressed me out so bad and pink looked like it would cheer me up. Probably should've waited a while though, my hair's as dry as straw now."

"Okay, whatever, that's besides the point," Jiseol took a deep breath. "I came home because I believe you."

Donghyuck's arms fell to his sides upon hearing this. "What? Really?"