➵ 4.9 - jade

i changed the ending of the last chapter so check that out its not a huge huge change but I like it this way better :-)

-

Jade got sick the night before the concert. It wasn't like the last time, when she was just sneezing. This was actual sick, feeling nauseous and vomiting every other hour. She guessed it was because of the undercooked chicken Michael had tried making for her the night before. He'd eaten the pasta, leaving the chicken for Jade. It tasted fine at the time, but an hour later she was puking her guts out in the toilet.

"I'm gonna take a shower," Jade said when she didn't have anything else left in her. She rinsed her mouth in the sink and let her hair out of the band.

"Maybe a bath?" Michael asked.

"One, I'm too tired for that. And two, I'm too tired so I'll probably drown."

"Do you want me to spend the night? It's raining outside?"

Jade thought about it. She was in a bit of a foul mood, considering why she'd been throwing up just minutes ago. "This is all your fault," she complained as she tugged off her tank top.

"Angel, I'm sorry," Michael said and then took in a shocked breath. It didn't take a genius to figure out why. He took a step closer to Jade, who simply stepped back. "Hey, come on. Don't be angry. C'mere."

"No," Jade frowned. "Just get a towel and leave it in here. Thanks."

"Angel - "

"Michael - " she mimicked him. Michael rolled his eyes and grabbed her wrist, tugging her into his chest.

"Tell me you're not mad," he pleaded, tucking some hair behind her ear. "I hate it when you're mad. Please?"

It was so fun to see Michael like this, kind of refreshing, really. He acted as though the littlest things were the end of the world. Like right now. Jade wasn't really mad; she thought it was sweet that Michael had tried to cook for her and it wasn't really his fault that it had backfired. Right now he was looking at her with so much hope in his eyes it was adorable.

"Of course, I'm mad," Jade sighed and Michael's face dropped.

"You know I didn't do it on purpose," he pouted.

Okay, she'd had enough fun and now the stench was getting a little overwhelming. "I'm mad because I smell disgusting and I have to shower. Now get out."

Michael cracked a smile now. "You do smell disgusting," he laughed and trailed one finger up the curve of her shoulder and along her neck, stopping at a sensitive spot that gave Jade a flutter. "But you look sexy." He bent down and gingerly kissed the same spot, the one he'd marked with his lips just days earlier. "And this looks ridiculously sexy."

"I'm always sexy," Jade rolled her eyes. She pushed on his chest, trying to get him out of the bathroom. Michael kissed her forehead and with another shove, he was out the door. Jade locked the door (and brushed her teeth) before stripping everything else off and stepping into the shower. She wasn't fond of baths, having almost drowned when she was younger, which resulted in her fear of water and lack of swimming skills.

Jade scrubbed herself clean and when she pulled the curtain back and stepped out of the shower, there was a towel hung in the bathroom. How Michael had been able to find it was beyond her, but she just put her bra back on and wrapped the towel around her. When she walked into her room, Michael was holding a white shirt in his hand. Jade knew exactly which shirt it was.

"Why have you never worn this?" Michael said, disbelief clear in his voice. He held the shirt up so she could see the whole thing. You know, just in case she didn't recognize her own clothing.