Chapter 20 - Draco's Foiled Plot

Start from the beginning

The smug smirk that Draco threw at her in return made her grin.

She walked over to open the box but just before her fingers graced the lid, Draco swept over to her side, and grabbed her hand.

Harriet looked up at him and she was taken aback by the intense way he stared down at her.

"Potter..." Draco breathed as he looked into her eyes, "I want you to take this, go into the lavatory, and spend some time preparing for this evening."

"Why?........What's happening this evening, Malfoy?" Harriet asked curiously.

"The best night of your life, that's what's happening this evening. Now go on, get started, we're scheduled to arrive at seven." Draco replied in a low whisper.

"Arrive where?" Harriet blinked.

"At dinner. Nosy, aren't you?" Draco scoffed.

"So we're going out, then?" Harriet asked.

Draco was growing frustrated at his omega's apparent determination to ruin all of the surprises for the night as he huffed and sighed, "Potter......"

"I'm going." Harriet replied with a laugh.

She leaned in to kiss Draco's cheek but instead, he caught her lips with his and pulled her in close.

Their kiss was long and languid and genuine......and Harriet mourned the moment when Draco finally pulled away.

She threw her alpha one last glance before she picked up the box, which was unwieldy but incredibly light in weight, and walked into the bathroom.

Behind her, Draco smiled for a moment before he shook himself out of his thoughts and began to dress himself in his brand new, perfectly sized black suit.

Draco owned dozens of fine, black suits, but that suit was different.

This was the suit that Draco was going to be wearing when Harriet agreed to become his wife.

While Harriet was busy getting ready for the night, Draco opened up a secret compartment in the bottom drawer of his ornate dresser, removed the velvet ring box that lay within, and slipped that little box into the inner pocket of his jacket......

—————————————————————-

In the bathroom, after she took a luxurious soak in the tub, she opened the box and pulled out the beautiful black dress it contained.

As she admired the quality of the garment, she realized that Draco meant for it to be a very special evening, indeed.

Harriet changed into her new dress and looked at her reflection in the mirror while she tamed her rustled hair with a few strokes from her brush.

When she was satisfied with how she looked, she stepped out of the lavatory, and walked back into the bedroom.

She grinned when she saw Draco waiting on her, already changed into his dapper, new suit but he didn't return her smile as he gazed back.

His grey eyes burned with want as he scanned over his omega, from her thick, lustrous hair, to the places in her figure that Scorpius's birth had softened desirably~.

Harriet's dress's straps hung off her shoulders and left a good amount of her cleavage plainly in Draco's view. He wasn't certain which he enjoyed staring at more, that, or the creamy suppleness of her thighs that the hem of her new dress skimmed over.

"You look stunning, love." Draco purred as he cleared his throat.

The Malfoy alpha was embarrassed by how soft and needy his voice sounded.