chapter 23

They both reached home in noon. And Asad was surprised to see such a fine and luxurious mansion who was now owned by her only sister. He was glad that he made a right decision on time to help her sister. And it was the least he could do for her.
While Ayla was more than glad and could never thought of this. She was so overwhelmed by his action that she wanted to pull him in tight hug and cry for hours. Her 12 year old brother was now everything to her. And in mean time she forgot that Gerard left her.
The maid placed the food on the dining table. While Ayla showed Asad a new guest room. She unpacked his bags and put all the clothes inside the cupboard. While he went to bathroom to get fresh.

As they both settled down to eat. She couldn't help stealing him glances and watch him eating with admiration. How thankful she was to have him by her side. It more felt like a mother son relationship, how she raised him when he was only a new born baby. And now he grew up in short time to protect her. Her feelings were clear on her face like a glass, and she almost had tears to see him.

Ayla called Clara, Gerard's secretary to get Asad a admission in a good school. And arrange all the necessities. Clara was surprised that she was now living with her brother, but she was happy that she don't have to live alone and become sad and depressed after his unexpected departure.
Little did everyone knew that Clara was in contact with Gerard and update him with every move of Ayla. While Ayla blindly trusted her for every move she made. After all he left her but he wanted to keep a check on her so whenever she is in trouble, he would be the first person to know and protect her on time. He was now madly in love with her, although distance was necessary and he did all to make her happy and for her safety. He knew living with her, could only harm her. Because he became a monster with time. He had to change himself, and for the sake he went away. But watching her from distance also made him happy.

Clara arranged everything on time and in few weeks he got admission in a well reputed school.
It was night, when a thought struck Ayla's mind and got her all shivers. Asad was asleep and she was also on bed in her room, waiting for the sleep to take over. But she realized that she didn't had her periods since two months. And she got panicked. What could be the major reason? She tried to calm herself, and pour herself a glass of water. She was so innocent that nothing unusual crossed her mind. And she made up her mind that tomorrow morning she will go to doctor to get a checkup.

After dropping Asad for school, she called Clara to recommend her a good gynaecologist. While she was shocked to the core that why all of sudden she needs a gynaecologist.
Despite being so curious and shocked, she didn't ask her, in case she gets uncomfortable. She told her that she'll come by herself in noon after office to take her to hospital. As its her duty to look after her after Gerard.

Ayla spent her day in tension, and tried to sooth her nerves by painting. But she was no near of relaxation. She waited eagerly for noon, until Clara arrived.
She was already ready and didn't took a minute to leave with her.

All the way Clara wanted to ask several questions to Ayla but she controlled herself. There was a silver thin line in her head, what if she is pregnant? Then Gerard might have to come back. And all this was making her more tense.
They reached the hospital and Clara already booked a appointment with her.
They met the doctor in no time. After going through several tests and ultrasound, doctor declared her statement to receive a shocking response from them.

"Congratulations Mrs. Gerard! You're pregnant"

While Ayla became numb and everything seemed to start spinning around her. Did she heard right? She looked towards the Clara to receive a same response, to clear her misunderstanding that she heard right.

"You are seven weeks pregnant. I would advise you to have a proper and healthy diet, consisting mostly of fruits and......." Doctor kept on saying.

While Ayla couldn't hear anything anymore. And everything got black in front of her and she lost the consciousness.

When she woke up, she found herself on a hospital bed. While the doctor beside her was talking to Clara.

"She is very weak and young. If she wants to bear the child then she'll need a proper care and diet, or she might lose the child or even herself" the doctor was talking to Clara.

While she tried to keep her eyes open.

"Where is Asad? Did you pick him from school? He would be worried" she kept on saying as she regained her consciousness.

"Yes the driver picked him up, and he is at home now, ate food and went to sleep. I told him that you're away and will be home till evening due to some unplanned event" she assured her.

"Now what will happen? I'm pregnant and Gerard left me. I will have to raise it alone? I'm so worried, I never thought that I would become pregnant out of sudden. Why did he left me, in such state? He never loved me" she started crying, after remembering that why she is lying in the hospital.

"Don't worry Ayla everything will be better. He will return one day. He cared for you and most of all he loved you. This child might bring you prosperity and will give you a reason to live happily. And you know what I've heard a woman becomes strong when she becomes a mother. I should congratulate you on such a big news! And I was thinking we should do a small celebration to celebrate such a big happiness" she tried to divert her mind and relax her.

"But I'm upset that his father is not here, when I'm about to give him birth, and he will step into this world alone with his mother" she said still worried.

"I promise he will return one day" she replied.