"So there is a curse," said Jack. "That's interesting." It has long been a folks tale that if one took the gold from Isla De Muerta, one would be cursed. And it was so. Nothing could ever fill them with joy. They were forever hungry, thirsty, and lustful. The moonlight revealed them for what they really were. Living skeletons.

"You know nothing of hell," said the second sailor. He shoved Jack away and walked out, leaving Jack with more than enough food for thought.

"That's very interesting," he said to himself.

_ _ _

Jack had carved the bone into a a pointed instrument and been picking the long for hours.

"Please."

Now would be the perfect chance to escape. No one would care about Jack when there was a whole port to reconstruct. The officers weren't even guarding the door. All he needed was to open this door and he could bolt away.

He turned the bone once more. Nothing.

That's when he heard a door open and close. He swiftly laid on his back, pretending he hadn't been picking the lock in the first place.

"You. Sparrow."

Jack looked up to a very unexpected visitor. It was the young man he had fenced with the day before. "Aye."

"You are familiar with that ship, the Black Pearl."

Jack laid back down. "Ive heard of it."

"Where does it make berth?"

Jack perked up again. "Where does it make berth? Have you not heard the stories?" The young man stared at him blankly. "Captain Barbossa and his crew of miscreants sail from the dreaded Isla De Muerta. It's an island that cannot be found, except by those who already know where it is."

"The ships real enough. Therefore its anchorage must be a real place. Where is it?"

Jack looked at his nails. "What ask me?"

"Because you're a pirate."

Jack looked at him squarely. "And you want to turn into a pirate yourself, is that it?"

The young man banged on his cell. "Never." Jack resumed looking at his nails. "They took Miss Swann."

"Oh! So it is that you found a girl. I see. Well if you're intending to brave all, hasten to her rescue, and so win fair lady's heart, you'll have to do it alone, mate. I see no profit in it for me."

"I can get you out of here."

"Hows that? The keys run off."

"I helped build these cells. These are half-pin barrel hinges." He went to trap a bench. "With the right leverage and the proper application of strength, the door will lift free."

"What's your name?"

"Will Turner."

Jack sat up, recognition flashing over his eyes. "That would be short for William, I imagine. Good, strong name. No doubt names for your father, eh?"

"Yes," Will said, rather suspiciously.

"Uh-huh." Jack stood up. "Well, Mr. Turner, I've changed me mind. If you spring me from this cell, I swear, on pain of death, I shall take you to the Black Pearl and your bonny lass. Do we have an accord?"