Ch. 37 - ANCHORS

Wren's outfits:
School / Woods -

School / Animal Clinic / Tate's Ranch / Woods -

Chapter Thirty-Seven
🦊 Anchors 🦊

Tossing and turning while he gripped his bed sheets, Stiles muttered something in his sleep. "No, no, no, no, no... Don't let them in... Don't let them in... No, don't let them in..." Suddenly he woke up only to discover he was no longer in bed. But was not inside a locker.

He glanced around, confused for a moment before banging his fist against the door a few times until he flew open and he stumbled out into the locker room. He walked out of the locker room, out into the hall to see one of the classroom doors wide open.

Slowly, he walked over and into the classroom. But all the desks and chairs had been pushed to the walls of the class instead of sitting in their normal spot. But what sat in the middle of the classroom was the weirdest part.

The Nemeton.

Stiles reached out to place his hand on top of the tree stump. But before he could it was like roots sprung out of the top of the stump, wrapping around his hand pulling him down.

Suddenly Stiles jumped up in bed with a gasp. It was just a dream. He breathed heavily when someone spoke up, "You okay?" Sitting up, Wren moved some of her hair out of her face before gently grabbing Stiles's hand, "Stiles?" She asked, rubbing his arm comfortingly as he sighed. "Yeah... I was just dreaming. It was weird- it was like a dream within a dream."

"A nightmare?" She asked worriedly and he nodded, "Yeah." He said grabbing her hand for a moment before looking down at it confused. He looked up at Wren completely confused, "Wait a second... Wren, what are you doing here?" He asked making her raise her eyebrows. "Why wouldn't I be here?" She asked.

"You're with Isaac." He said in a slight whisper and she chuckled, "Maybe you should go back to sleep, you're delirious." She said but he just shook his head. "No, no. You're definitely with Isaac." Stiles said while shaking his head making her sigh softly, "Stiles, you should just go back to bed."