001 - Darcey's

"Behind!"

Celeste yelled as she swerved her way through the sea of staff working a busy Friday night.

Celeste stood at around 5'6, her ginger hair was long and wavy with side bangs that swept around her face. She had plump lips her mum swears came from her side of the family, but skipped her when handing the genes out. Her waist was a lot smaller than her hips, making it very awkward to find good fitting jeans.

Her style was dragged from the 70s and her emo era when she was younger, she'd found a good balance between band tees and slip dresses. And she loved animal prints.

She liked to think it was like smushing Stevie Nicks and Gerard Way together.

It had just gone 6pm and everyone had finished their 9-5 jobs and were now drinking away their wages. But Celeste didn't care, more customers means more tips. More tips means more chances of a bigger pizza at the end of the night.
She'd already been there since 12 in the afternoon. It had been slow, but her and her favourite co-worker, Steve, had been keeping themselves occupied making this week's specials.

Darcey's bar was situated on Water Street, Brooklyn and had incredible views of the Brooklyn bridge. It was an intimate bar, with dim lights and a small stage where jazz musicians and local bands would play on a weekend. The back bar was stocked with all kinds of wonderful spirits and stretched right up to the ceiling. The dark greens, golds and browns really made the bar a cozy little hangout. It was a popular place, the staff were polite but had a no bullshit policy. The owner, Darcy, wasn't around much due to her full time job. So she left it in the capable hands of Steve.

He was one of a kind, tall, well built with broad shoulders, sandy hair and such a kind face. He was currently sporting a beard and Celeste wasn't sure how she felt about it. He had quickly become one of her close friends when she moved out here. He always looked out for her and they soon started hanging out on days off and after work.

"Tell me why I always get some creepy guy asking me when I get off tonight?
Please Steve I beg you, do I give off that vibe?"

Celeste questions him as she slams the till shut.

"what vibe? You don't have a vibe. Maybe a resting bitch face, but no vibe" He answers her whilst trying to open the jar of maraschino cherries.

"Erm, RUDE!" Celeste frowns, swiping the jar from his hands and popping off the lid and shoving it back to his chest.

"What did I say?! You asked, I answered" Steve said fumbling the jar "also I totally loosened that off for you!" Slamming it down and popping a cherry into his mouth before finishing off his drink and handing it over the bar.

They finally get 5 minutes rest from the crowd, leaning on the back bar Celeste slumps against Steve's arm as he's stood arms crossed watching for anyone approaching the bar.
"I can't believe it's been a year since I've moved here, time flies when you're having... fun?" Celeste giggles thinking back to how she got 'here' in the first place.

She moved from Cornwall to Brooklyn to chase a dream. What the dream was is still yet to be discovered, she knew she was made for the city life but not quite sure on the rest of it. Back in Cornwall she worked in a small village pub with her parents, everyone knew everyone and way too much of each other's business. That's what she loved about New York, no-one knew you unless they wanted to.

"Fun?" Steve questioned looking down at her "you mean time flies when you're having the best time of your life working with me!" He gestured to the bar laughing.

Celeste scoffed and rolled her eyes at him "Yeah Steve that's exactly what I meant!" The rush of people finishing their drinks and heading back towards the bar brought Celeste out of her daydream, she chucked a cherry in her mouth and widened her eyes at Steve "come on then big guy let's make some tips!"

A/N: Ahhhhhh man I have never written before so I don't know how this is gunna go. Please let me know what you think!

Steve is 100% best friend vibes in this.