Christmas

Hey Guys! Hope you like the chapter! ♡'・ᴗ・'♡(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞ʕ•ᴥ•ʔฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ|

*it's been 1 week since Hailey's Pa died, she has been put in mandatory therapy by voight has moved away from the guilt of the death and is seeing how she is free from all his abuse.*

*General POV*
Hailey walks into the 21st, uniforms are chattering and running around but as she walks in a half quiet descends upon the room, Platt breaks it by ushering them to get to work, she looks at hailey and beckons to her.

*Hailey's POV*
I was expecting a usual sarcastic comment from Platt, probably "Goldilocks" talking about 'Chuckles' and I dating yet, and, the answer would be the same as it had been for the past 6 months, although somewhat more regretfully at the moment, no.
I had no motivation to engage in such conversations, so probably unfairly I snapped, "yes Sarge what can I do?".

*General POV*
Platt frowned slightly but gave her the benefit of the doubt, Voight and she had been talking, as he had said, "the kid's hurting". She leaned forward and rested her elbows against the counter, "you ever need anything, whether it's to talk or get a drink, I'm always here". Hailey's face softened a little, she smiled, "thanks sarge, that's- that's sweet". Platt went back to her usual frown, "alright no more soppy stuff, get going kid".
Then Jay walked in and handed Hailey a coffee, "Hey Chuckles. You're late" she shouted after them.
Hailey giggled, "there it is".

The intelligence unit was littered with wreaths and tinsel, Jay had coated silver and red tinsel around hailey's chair, Burgess and Ruzeck were stifling sniggers as she looked at her shiny prickly chair, she looked at it and laughed "hmmm let me guess, HALSTEAD" spinning round to Jay who had his arms up in defence.
The whole unit was laughing as Hailey made wincing noises as she sat down on the spiky silver.

*Jay's POV*
I caught my self gazing at her as she laughed, I hadn't seen her smile if a long time, god she was beautiful. The way her eyes creased and her hair bounced. She met eyes with me, flirtingly were you lock eyes for juuussstt a little too long.
I heard the stairs and turned to see Voight, he seemed to be in a good mood and was finishing a conversation with someone downstairs, "yea, sure alright Ill catch up with you later" be said, waving. Seeing the silver and red sparkles he frowned jokingly and turned to me, "WHAT? How does everyone know!" I said faking being stunned.
He walked up to hailey's and squeezed her shoulder affectionately, she was the youngest on the unit, 28 and he had a soft spot for her, he bent down to whisper something in her ear.

*Hailey's POV*
I felt a hand on my shoulder, i twitched and his hand immediately released, sensitive to my reaction. I was still not comfortable and didn't feel safe with unexpected touch, I didn't realise how bad my dad had messed me up. Jay was the only person I could fully allow physical contact with, even then a tap from behind made me jump, thinking about him gave me a shiver.
I got up and followed voight into his office, he motioned for me to sit down, I eased into a chair and gripped the handles. "Relax kid, you look like you're about to bolt" he laughed, "ha um nervous habit I suppose" I replied quickly. He looked at me sympathetically, I hated pity, and I hated showing my feelings, I wanted to sink into the ground when I had cried in-front of Jay, I was the youngest in the unit and I needed to prove I was worthy to be here. Crying was a sign of vulnerability, ever since I was a kid, crying meant defeat, you get a beating? Suck it up, 'save the tears for the pillow' my mom would scold me. Snapping back into it, I heard Voight's gruff voice taking a more empathetic tone: "I don't know what to say Upton, I guess how are you doing?", "I- I'm fine" I replied. He frowned worried, "tell me honestly kid", I looked at my hands resting in my lap now, they were shaking, looking back up I saw him quickly glance away from them too, "I don't know, i still get nervous in certain situations like physical touch, it.. it just does something to my head" I uttered, mentally slapping myself for opening up.