Dad?

Hey guys just a quickie, I wanted Sri say that my writing hasn't been as descriptive and as good as I wanted it to be, so from now I'm going to change my layout a bit and just include text in paragraph instead of separate line and also include more detail!

——————————————————

*Hailey has been on the job for around 2 months now, neither her or Jay has confessed anything, but they are becoming close friends*

*Jays POV*
It was late when I got back, maybe 11.. I grabbed a beer out the fridge and sat down on the couch to watch TV, it was the units day off tomorrow.
I flicked aimlessly between channels, not really concentrating on what I was watching, just a faint murmur of voices, I stared at the colourful skyline, red blue and green lights blinked through my apartment window. I shivered, it was cold.. everything felt kinda lonely. I had always found that coming home after work was an anticlimax. But this feeling was amplified today; and I knew exactly why.

*Haileys POV* My eyes still stung a little, I was tired

*Haileys POV*
My eyes still stung a little, I was tired. as I pulled up into my apartment building's parking lot and switched of the ignition, I slowly lent to rest my head on the steering wheel. It felt like going outside during a party, alone, but comforting.
I had always liked to be alone, I didn't have that close connection with people, I never learned to properly bond and show emotions. It wasn't ever and option in my house growing up, you show emotion, you reveal weaknesses.

As I went to put my key in the door, I realised the door was slightly ajar; cautiously I pushed it slightly. I held my piece in my hand, gripping it steadily as I crept in side. I could smell the stink of alcohol seeping from the kitchen, the house seemed quiet but the TV was on, blaring loudly. I crept round the corner of the kitchen and dropped my piece..
"Dad?" He spun round, "Hailey! Come here!" He lunged towards me for a hug but I swerved. A flicker of humiliation and anger flashed across his red face. He looked worse than ever, his hair was unbrushed and matted, his white beard had grown out and was stained with tobacco, he had a new tat, across his eyebrows was etched 'w.s.p', It was the gang I had dealt with on my first day, 'west side popes' I barley recognised him, but I recognised that look. "What the hell dad, why are you here!?" I breathed, angered by his unannounced presence. "I needed a drink, won't you let your Pa stay here for the night Hailey baby?
'hailey baby' i winced inside
I looked around, there was a bottle of whiskey half drunk, cider bottles everywhere and a beer bottle topped over dripping onto the floor.
"You drink all this?" I said quietly, I would be surprised if he said yes.
"I needed a drink hailey" he repeated, his words soured and he had a glazed look. "get out" I said quietly. He didnt move just stood there looking at me, I hated that, I always had, it was torture. "GET. OUT" I shouted again.
He came towards me and snatched me by my wrist, gripping tightly, i squirmed under his force. He was drunk but he was strong. "Get out or I swear to god I'll call the cops and have your ass locked up" I said, stating him in the eye.

*later*
I gingerly put a plaster on my forehead as I looked into my mirror, god. I brushed my hair down over it, you could barely see it when covered, by now I had learnt all the tricks of how to hide the signs, high school had been rough for me, an abusive dad wouldn't have made it better.

As I slipped into bed, I realised how lovely I felt. I ached for someone to be beside me on the couch, or chatting to at Mollys, anything would be better than lying in my cold apartment, inhaling the sickly sweet aroma of beer spilt all over my floor.

*Jay's POV*
I wiped the foam of toothpaste from my lips and sat back on the couch, I never realised how loud silence is. It was so different from how it was with her. The very aura about her was like warmth to everyone, kindness spilled out, she seemed like the happiest person anyone could be.