Jay

*general POV*

"Kev, Burgess. Adam and Me and finally Halstead, Upton.. you two together as a trial. These teams can be switched as I choose so do well, stay together." Hank said in a stern voice.

*The unit dispersed into various places around the room, i silence feel, not uncomfortable a concentrated and workplace silence that seemed louder than the back ground noises of pens clicking and paper being shuffled*

Kim got up and put on a neatly fitted yellow-mustard jacket:
"Hey I'm thinking about heading to Francino's on the corner, anyone want anything?"

*various replies came with thanks*
"Hailey you want anything?.. hailey?"

*Haileys POV*
I snapped out of it, 'hmm?!, oh I'm nah I'm good thanks' a gentle blush spread across my cheeks as I realised what, or rather who I had been staring distantly at: Jay.
This was the first hour of my job, I couldn't be falling for him. It's just a reaction to the stress and adrenaline of the morning.. right?

*Jays POV*
I knew she had been looking, I could tell. But somehow I didn't mind.. it felt good, she made me feel good.
But could I trust her? She looked young, fresh faces, almost inexperienced, I had heard about her working her ass off to get here, getting through academy, top of her class.. but what would she be like to work with, these were the streets of Chicago. Anything could happen.

*general POV: 2 hours later, Hank has caught a case*

"One female DOA, Carla Johnstone, found by two kids in humble park. Suspects last seen fleeing in a black Sudan, false plates. F24ANX."
"Cause of death come back yet Sarge?" Halstead enquired.
"None back from crime lab, coroner says possible blunt force trauma to the head. Again we have no idea what the cause is. However she did have a tattoo with a possible link to the insane West Side Popes gang."

*Jay's POV*
I noticed Hailey's face twitch with the mention of the gang, I assume she hasn't dealt with gangs much before but she seemed a little uncomfortable at the name.

*General POV*
" Upton , Halstead, I want you to track down any friends or Family she might have in teh area, any limbos, even the slightest one you call it in. Got it?"

"Got it sarge" "copy that" Jay and I echoed in unison.
"Let's get the son of a bi**h who did this." Hank said, angrily as he walked back to his office.

*Hailey's POV*
I grabbed my hat and jacket, it was winter and even with the heating in the district it was still freezing. I put on a dark beanie over my hair that hung in loose waves, a green puffer jacket and warm gloves. I was always too I suited dark colours. My mom used to say it 'brought out my eyes'.
I smiled sadly, would she be proud?

As I climed into jays massive 4x4 I stumbled slightly, he grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in

As I climed into jays massive 4x4 I stumbled slightly, he grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in. Chuckling slightly.
"Takes getting used, huh?" He said with a grin"
"Sure does" I smiled back, his laugh was soft, contagious. The feel of his strong grip through my coat was reassuring and welcoming. As I sat back into the seat, I smelt a mix of vanilla and musk, pleasant and how I imagined him.
I glanced in his direction. He looked stern but I could tell he was happy.

—————————————————-
Hey guys! I'll update a new chapter maybe tomorrow but for now enjoy! Make sure to vote and follow so you don't miss it 💗💗