Partners

*General POV*
A stressed tone came over the radio, "Sarge we got eyes, black Sudan fleeing westbound on 75th street. Control run the plates frank 24 Adam Nora X-ray" Burgess shouted into the radio.
*Jay reached for his radio*
"Control be advised plain clothed officers engaging in chase"
"Copy that"

"75th is 6 blocks away Jay, how are we gonna make up the ti-" Hailey's was cut off as the truck swerved violently to the right down a back street alley, a black Sudan careered in front of them. A dead end. To guys jumped out, heavily armed.

*Jay's POV*
I had to trust her, this was it. I hurled out of the truck, weapon held horizontal to the alley. She was beside me, calm, collected. Her breathing was steady and concentrated. I was almost in awe of her manner in the face of danger.

*Hailey's POV*
I must make a good stand here, all my work was in this moment. I held my piece with a steady hand and crept stealthily beside Jay. His presence was reassuring and protecting.
"CHICAGO POLICE, COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP" I yelled, I knew the suspects were behind the large SUV parked my a wire mesh fence. We had them cornered; there were two of them. One guy, who seemed more on edge stood on the right, he was accompanied by a much younger kid, maybe 18.

*General POV*
The suspects had their hands up.
"PUT YOUR WEAPONS ON THE GROUND" they didn't move "IM NOT ASKING" Jay yelled. Gradually they put the weapons into the concrete.

*Jay's POV*
The older guy looked at his partner, I couldn't tell what he was thinking. His hand twitched backwards. "HANDS IN THE AIR I YELLED" then with one swift move we pulled out a canister, it was fast but it sprayed, a long jet of yellow brown liquid. Then I clocked, pepper spray, I was wearing sunglasses but I knew Hailey wasn't.

*General POV*
Hailey cried out in Pain. The suspects were fleeing and before Jay could do anything, so was she.
"CHICAGO POLICE STOP WERE YOU ARE OR I WILL SHOOT"
Jay knew this was just a threat to stop them but he backed her up.
"I'm going left" Hailey whispered in a hoarse tone. Jay could tell she was in pain but she wasn't stopping. She ran down the street, her piece pulled and her eyes squinting, she hid the pain well, even though it burned.

 She ran down the street, her piece pulled and her eyes squinting, she hid the pain well, even though it burned

*Hailey goes in for an arrest and flattens the older guy. Jay grabs the younger kid by the collar and gives him a shake*
"HAILEY YOU GOOD?!" Jay
*Hailey continues to hold the guy's hand between his back, at this moment Burgess and Atwater come running..*
"Go go I got you Burgess" Atwater said hastily, he runs to take over Hailey's arrest, hailey is rubbing her eyes angrily."
*Jay's POV*
I see Burgess pour water in Hailey's face, it looks red but she isn't showing visible pain.. she must have a high threshold.
"I got you girl, don't rub it'll make it worse. Just breathe" Burgess said gentle, rubbing Hailey's back.
"You good" I say, "I'm good" says Hailey, she's somehow smiling, though her face looks red and raw.
I think I kind of realised then that she was tough, not like how I imagined her. She looked so gentle and kind, but when she took down that guy she was fierce and impending.
I knew this feeling. It had deeper meanings.. but I couldn't accept it.

*general POV*
Hailey flumped down into the passenger seat of Jay's truck, he did the same, Hailey let out a deep sigh, not a sad one but of all the tension and excitement they had experienced. They both met eyes and laughed,
"You want a coffee now?" Jay said slyly. Hailey furrowed her eyebrows,

"only if you're paying, partner"

—————————————————
Hi guys hope you like the chapter! Just so you know each chapter is one side of A4 (this one is 574 words)
♡'・ᴗ・'♡ please make sure to follow and vote!