Its You

Word count: 1030
*so obviously hailey's dad is dead and although he was horrible to her she still loved him becaue he manipulated her. Jay is on the floor with her in his arms, they have taken away the body and it's just them- voight,Ruzeck,Burgess and Kev are in the doorway. Ruzeck feels awful.*
A song to go with this would be 'Roslyn', Bon iver, ST Vincent's

*Jay's POV*
Her head was over my shoulder, my chest against her hers, I was slowly rubbibg her back. Rhythmically and gently, she soft quivers in my arms shattered my heart into pieces.
*Adam's POV*
I rested my head against the wall. What had I done? "Adam please it's not your fault." Kim begged me to respond, I couldn't talk, I was devastated. I had never seen haikey like this. It was like she couldn't move, collapsed in jays arms I looked at her and realised the full extent of what I had done. I had killed her father.
*Jay's POV*
Her breath was more gaspy and I knew if we didn't get out of here she would get worse. "hailey.. hey hails?" I whispered gently into her has a slowly changed positions so that she could see my face, "hails I think we should go, I don't mind where but not here. It's not right to keep you here."
She said nothing, nodding slightly. "Alright and we'll take as much time as you want" I said as I gently held her hand and coaxed her out. She was covered in blood, her shirt was dripping. "Ah damn. You need to change, you can't stay like that hails." I looked around, then my eyes landed on Kim. I mouthed "T-shirt" whilst pointing to hailey and she got the message, bringing back an oversized top she obviously had in her car. "Hailey? Hey change into this darling"
I blushed, I hadn't meant to refer to her like that but I don't think she noticed, she was numb, completely zoned out of everything.
I was turned around so she could change and I felt her hand brush mine as she was ready to leave, I put my arm carefully around her; shocked at her boney shoulders; she had been eating less lately, I assume from all the stress of her dad, or 'Pa' as she called him. As I touched her through the thin cotton I felt her freezing skin.

I helped her buckle into the seat, any other time I would have felt weird, I was treating her like a little kid. But it was different, she was so agonisingly upset and vulnerable, that it only felt right to help her.

*ruzeck's POV*
I stared through the condensation on my window. Kim was next to me, holding my hand and squeezing it, "Adam?" I didn't respond, nothing felt right, I had never felt like this after a case before. Death had always been normal to me, my job was to protect and serve. But now I felt like god was sending me signs, I had taken someone's father, in front of them. Their energy would never form again, they smile would never be, their love would never show. "Adam love it's not your fault" Kim assured for the sixth time.
**little did Adam know that Hailey had never felt the love from him*

*Jay's POV*
Dabbing the blood from the face I gently wiped over her forehead, she looked at me, but didn't seem to be conscious of it; her bright eyes usually so happy and lit up were cold and vague, she was hurting and there was nothing I could do. I loved her so much, I wanted to hold her and tell her everything would be ok, but I couldn't, she couldn't. "Hails? You need to sleep" I whispered to her. She nodded slowly and got up to go to her room, I felt patronising helping her so much. But she hasn't said no I figured it was ok, I helped her into bed and went to go out the door when a faint whisper came from her room.. "Jay?" I turned to see her sitting up and looking at me, when her face crumpled slightly and a tear fell down her cheek, "hey, hey it's okay hails, shhh it's okay"; I was sitting on the edge of her bed, holding her to my shoulder, "I don't know what's wrong with me" she choked. "What? Nothing is wrong with you Hailey, you just lost your dad to a traumatic event, this reaction, these emotions are normal" I felt her shaking hands go to wipe tears from her face and then back to my arm where they gripped steadily and softly to my shirt.

A little while later when I was sure hailey was asleep I looked at the clock 1:13 it read, I hesitated, wondering if I should leave her alone tonight.. I decided to sit on the coach for just a bit to make sure she didn't wake up. I arranged the pillows so I was half laying and half sitting closed my eyes, intending on just resting.

*Adam's POV*
I stared at the ceiling, I couldn't get her scream out of my head, that agonising scream of human pain that flickered in my ears. I could hear Kim softly breathing beside me. "Kim? Kim?" I whispered, "mmmm Adam what is it" she groaned, half asleep, "I can't stop thinking about it" I replied, half embarrassed for showing vulnerability. I felt a cold hand on my cheek, gently stroking it, "Adam, you did what you had to do, he was reaching and you know it.. don't overplay it, to you he was just a suspect" I stayed silent for a second before nodding slightly, rolling over to embrace her in my arms, pulling her against my chest and kissing her lightly.

*Hailey's POV*
I stumbled blindly through the sliding doors of my bedroom, awoken by the pale sunlight to see a figure laying on my couch, buried in pillows. Jay.
——————————————————
Hey guys tysm for reading, make sure to vote and/or follow to know when I update 💗💗