Flinch

Hey guys just a quickie! Hope you all liked the last chapter, I think I'm improving a bit, thanks for all the support! 💗💗 Also I don't know if you guys like cases thrown in? Or do you just want Personal lives? Please comment and tell me
——————————————————
*General POV*
Hailey walks into the 21st, her hair is slightly styled differently, rather than a pony tail she is wearing it down, a slight wave falls across the side did her forehead, concealing the plaster from last night. She is wearing a red jacket and a striped, fitted T-shirt underneath, black jeans and her gun holster round her thigh. "Rise and shine Goldilocks, get going!" Platt said sternly, not even looking up from her desk. She strolled into the locker room and saw Kim. "Hey, have a good day off yesterday?" Kim asked, smiling and closing her locker door. "Yea I mean nothing too special, I saw my friend from outta town, hit the centre".
The two continued in small talk for a bit before Hailey glanced down at her watch, "shoot we better get going, it's like 5 to!" She giggled hastily. "Yea sure I'll be right up, just gotta hand platt this late paper work. Wish me luck" Burgess frowned jokingly, for the fear of being late for platt dominated all the precinct. Hailey laughed and grabbed a couple of papers and her coffee and made her way up to intelligence.
As she walked in voight, Ruzeck, Atwater and Jay were all talking and laughing around the board, Jay turned to look at who had walked in: "hey!" He said "how ya doing"
"Yea I'm, I'm not too bad" she smiled wearily.

*Jay's POV*
I watched her walk to her desk, god she was beautiful, even in just a T-shirt and jeans it fitted her perfectly in all the right places, her hair fell loosely curled. I liked it down, it was gentle and sweet. But something seemed off with her, she wasnt her usual bubbly and sparky self.

*general*
"Alright, listen up." Voight said loudly over the chatter, his husky voice made everyone focus on him. "Gang war has escalated between the Radical Disciples and the West Side Popes." Haileys face twitched and she looked down. Jay looked across the room and frowned,
worried. We have 3 DOAs overnight, all from W.S.P, not yet identified, Burgess, Kev, hit forensics. Find out all we know, when these guys were popped and what guns. Upton, Haldstead, hit the scene. Patrol will send the address."
Voight said, waving his hand in a motion to get going.
"Copy that Sarge" Jay Replied slowly, his attention on hailey who seemed to be staring to space. He walked over to her; "everything okay?" He whispered, so the team wild to hear. "Huh? Yea I'm fine" she said said quietly, not looking up to save the embarrassment of her blushed cheeks. "Let's just get going".

*JAY'S POV*
I nodded quietly, I don't believe her, but I don't want to butt into her business.
I grabbed my coat, it was mid December and absolutely freezing.
She looked so perfect .Everything, the way her wavy hair fell from under her beanie her cold cheeks pink against her blue eyes. She was beautiful, but who was I kidding.
She wore a dark beanie and a red jacket, seasonal but chic.

I saw her leaning against my car, she looked anxious and fragile, not like how I normally viewed her

I saw her leaning against my car, she looked anxious and fragile, not like how I normally viewed her. I had a strange feeling of protection come over me. Seeing as it was freezing I jogged over to my pickup and hurriedly unlocked it. Jumping in and warming my hands in the cold interior, blowing into them and laughing "Jack Frost really been at it hey?" A small smile shone at her rosy lips.

*They drive to the crime scene, Jay asks forensics for an introduction.*
*Haileys POV*
As I arrived at the scene an over whelming sense of nausea flew over me. What if it was dad? Would I say something or stay silent, I couldn't breathe, I felt my diaphragm tighten in my chest. "We got id's yet" I asked quietly. "Not yet." The forensics guy replied, busy scribbling in a notepad. I nodded slowly.
Behind the car I could see the familiar shiny black plastic cover of a body bag, I looked at Jay and he cocked his head at me, I knew the body language meant "you ok?" So I put on an insincere smile and walked over. Two guys were lying under these, dead. One could be my dad, I felt the whole world spinning as I bent down. I breathed out and whipped back the sheet.
I exhaled. It wasn't him. But I knew him, my dad had been running with him for the past 4 years, Michale    Cortez. He had priors for possession but nothing else.
"Hey I know this guy.." I started, and explained his backstory.

*Jay and Hailey are walking back to the car*
*general POV*
"Upton, Halstead, I want you two on door duty, walk a six block radius and find any witnesses you can, get statements and details for further interviews"
"Copy t-that sarge" haileys replied, her hands are shaking as she goes for the radio.
"Hey, hey what is going on" Jay asks her, his tone is soft and genuine, the frown on his face shows his genuine worry for her.
*jays POV*
Her hands are shaking like crazy, she won't even look up. I go to hold her shoulders but she flinched, her arms went above her head and her face screwed. I didn't know what to say, I had just made my best friend, my partner flinch in fear of being hit.
She lowered her arms slowly and turned to walk away, "Hails wait" I cried out "we gotta talk"