i think we're gonna get along

you grabbed your suitcase from the trunk, thanked the driver, and headed for the airport.

you went through security and checked in and all that before getting on the plane. as the plane took off you began to get sleepy. it was roughly a four and a half hour trip, so why not get some beauty sleep in.
————————————————————————
you were woken by a woman tapping on your shoulder. "we've landed in chicago miss." she smiled. "oh okay, thank you." you awkwardly smiled back.

you rubbed your eyes and quickly grabbed your luggage, stumbling out of the plane that was almost empty by now.

one of your uncles interns said they'd pick you up. so you walked to the pickup area to find a man standing in front of a pickup with a sign that said "y/n l/n".

he was towering over the crowd tremendously. he had big black frizzy bushy hair. he had intense dark brows, but it fit him. he had a big smile pasted on his face with big crooked teeth. he wore a halfway buttoned down shirt with some odd designs on it. looked like a tropical shirt though.

you immediately recognized this man as abbie hoffman.

you made direct eye contact with him and gave into his contagious grin. you waltzed over to him and stuck your hand out.

he grabbed it and began rapidly shaking it up and down. "abbie." he smirked with a very thick boston accent. "y/n." you replied sweetly.

he then opened up the passenger door and gestured for you to get it, bowing elegantly. you giggled and hopped in as he grabbed your bag and threw it in the backseat.

he hopped in the drivers seat and drove off.

"so your kunslers niece huh." he expressively questioned. "yup." you declared back.

"well, you don't look it." he smirked looking you up and down. butterflies fluttered in your stomach and your cheeks tinted with pink.

"what's that supposed to mean?" you snapped jokingly. he let out a laugh under his breath. "i don't know, just expected a more preppy kinda chick." he acknowledged.

you understood that. your uncle was a very put together professional man, so you were probably a bit of a suprise.

"suprise!" you sarcastically exclaimed, throwing your hands in the air.

he bellowed out a loud chuckle. "i think we're gonna get along, you and me." he chuckled pointing at you. you fluttered your eyelashes with sarcasm and a big smile.

"so what brings ya to chicago?" he added. what were you supposed to say to that? no way your telling a man you just met, the truth.

"somethin to do. needed a break from home." you lied.

"well you came to the wrong place. kunslers house gives you everything but a break." he grinned.

"huh?" you asked. he looked at you and grinned again. "l/n, you are aware of who else is livin at your uncles house?" he asserted. you were not aware.

you shook your head no. he leaned his head back onto the headrest and laughed.

"everyone involved in the case he's workin on. the chicago 7 they're calling us. me, jerry rubin, david dellinger, lee weiner, john fronies, rennie davis and tom hayden." he explained. "and some other folks are in and out."

you recognized all the names he'd told you. you were really far left so you obviously knew of the political heros.

"jesus really? how does that work?" you implied.

"well, we really just share everything. we eat whenever, sleep wherever, bring over whoever, whenever." abbie notified. "dope."

"but i've gotta warn ya, try to mind your own business. you can make friends and stuff still, but just be wary. specially round hayden. grumpy guy." he warned. you didn't really expect to make friends, so just the fact that you wouldn't be so lonley was good enough for you.

"i always keep to myself. won't be a problem." you remarked. he gave you an assuring nod.

"hey so.. how's the trail been so far?" you broke the silence with.

"only been about 2 weeks, but it's been alright. me and rubin have gotten a few contempt of court warnings, and the judge sucks ass. racsit piece of shit. been pickin on bobbie seal too. somehow, he hasnt processed that bobs lawyer is injured. we ain't getting any closer to winnin either." abbie explained to you.

poor guys. you'd seen in the news that the judge was a dick, but hearing it from someone like abbie made you feel worse. you knew that the chicago 7 wasn't on trial for anything they did. it was mainly just because of who they were as people. which really wasn't fair.

"aw i'm sorry pal." you sighed, giving him a pat on his shoulder. he put his hand over yours and gave you a warm smile. "thanks l/n." he thanked.

you sat in silence for a few moments before pulling up to a house. it was a medium sized home. it was made of brick and was shaped like a box. you couldn't imagine more than 5 people living there.

"vamanos!" abbie shouted playfully. you giggled and hopped out of the truck.

abbie grabbed your bag and made his way up to the door, as you followed close behind. he stopped in front of the door.

"ready?" abbie quizzed. you look up at his big dark brown eyes and smiled. "no." you answered with a sarcastically happy tone.

abbie chuckled and pushed open the door. you stepped in behind him to find a living room full of a few people. but immediately a person slumped on the couch caught your attention.

tom hayden.