House of Danger/House of Disapproval

Nina and Eddie landed on the ground in a familiar place they knew as Anubis House. Rufus, Sarah, and Victor came out of the kitchen area through the door, seeing Nina and Eddie stand up.

"It's only been half an hour," Rufus claimed.

Nina and Eddie realized they were back in the same time, just thirty minutes after they left when finding the Book of Thoth.

"Anyway, this is Victor," Rufus introduced.

Nina and Eddie awkwardly nodded to him.

"Come into the lounging area, and we should talk," Rufus insisted, once again being the only one making the conversation out of the five of them.

Nina and Eddie followed them through the door. Unfinished plates of food were at the familiar dinner table, but all of them sat on the couches around the area where the tv was. Anubis House wasn't much different in that time than present day. It always had that antiquish feel.

"We should explain our main priorities," Rufus said. "We're looking for the Book of Thoth, as well as the Cup of Ankh. The book so we can find the gods. The cup so we can use it for the elixir of life. Maybe if we can communicate with the gods from the book, we can discover the recipe."

They heard a knock at the door. Victor went to answer it without saying a word and showed back up with William at his side. It was the year 1936, so he wasn't at war yet.

He went straight to Sarah and sat by her, mumbling some things to her that Eddie nor Nina could comprehend.

"If you're the angels I was told you were," Victor told Nina and Eddie, undermining Sarah and William, "then you can help us."

"Who knows? They couldn't find the book," Rufus pointed out.

"Because it wasn't down there," Eddie lied.

"It was supposed to be down there," Victor bellowed. "I don't understand. Everything led us there! If only I were there...I don't think these two are telling the truth."

"Why would we lie?" Nina questioned.

"Victor, maybe we were wrong," Rufus suggested. Nina and Eddie were impressed. Rufus actually sounded like the good guy here.

"If they were really angels, they could really help us," Victor growled at Rufus.

"I think you're overestimating the real ability of an angel," Nina proposed.

"Maybe it's best we just go," Eddie claimed, standing up.

Just as he did, the lights in the house flickered and the house shook as though a mini earthquake took place. He balanced against the couch until the shaking stopped. Everyone was confused. Nina stood up as well, and she and Eddie headed towards the door out to the foyer, but as they did so, the quaking happened again, this time for a longer period of time. They both stumbled down to the ground, grasping for something to hold onto as the quaking grew stronger and stronger.

The shaking stopped once more. Victor looked down a Nina and Eddie, his eyes widening from the view.

"I knew something wasn't right," Victor mumbled.

"What?" Nina asked, her breathing calming down as she looked around. "What?"

Eddie looked over at Nina and his eyes widened too. "Nina," he sighed under his breath.

"What is it?"

"Your locket," Eddie admitted.

Nina felt her locket, realizing it was in visible sight and had now attracted Rufus, Sarah, and William's attention as well. Sarah grasped her own locket around her neck.

"But that's...my locket," Sarah gasped.

"I can handle this," Victor grumbled as he stood up and walked out the room.

Eddie and Nina took that moment to scramble up from the floor and exited the room as well, heading towards the front door of Anubis House to leave. Before they could, Victor had shown up behind them, a syringe in each of his hands, puncturing both Eddie and Nina into unconsciousness.

~~~~~
Amber invited Alfie, Jerome, Joy, and Patricia over who all showed up. Patricia had to take the bus due to the fact Eddie had already driven the car there.

"What is he doing here?" Joy asked, speaking from everyone's mind.

"I'm back in Sibuna," Fabian smiled, placing his right hand over his eye. He noticed everyone's lack of joy and dropped his hand as well as his smile.

Everyone glanced around at eachother.

"You kind of abandoned Nina and us because you couldn't take this anymore," Patricia pointed out, crossing her arms.

"I know, but-"

Fabian was cut off by Jerome. "-Do you feel like you can just be one of us again?"

"Same thing I was thinking!" Amber exclaimed.

"Please, let me explain-"

Fabian was once again cut off, this time by Alfie. "No need, dude. Everybody hates you. No point in convincing is not to. You really messed up two years ago."

"But-I-" Fabian stuttered, feeling far less welcomed back to Sibuna than he anticipated he would. He just decided not to say anything.

William was also still there, still distraught over how Nina responded to his admittance of his feelings. He was silently weeping to himself as the others handled the mystery.

Alfie, Jerome, Patricia, and Joy were caught up on what they didn't know. They were also told Nina and Eddie had gone back through the portal to the past. And that Fabian had been researching things about the Book of Thoth.

Fabian explained the things he had found, none of which had been really knew as there wasn't much research to be found about the book. All they could really do to discover the book's true meaning was read it. But still, there wasn't much to be done from just reading.

Hopefully Eddie and Nina would return soon to give them some more info from the past.

~~~~~
Nina and Eddie are in danger! But, they can get out of it, right?

What do you think will happen Nina and Eddie?

How do you think they can get out of the danger they face?(hint: it has a big thing to do with time. I'll leave it at that...)

Stay tuned for more!