House of Suspicion/House of Interrogation

Waking up the next morning, Amber occasionally gave a nervous glance at William while they and Nina were eating breakfast together.

"Do you guys assume I can suddenly read your minds?" Nina asked, wiping her mouth with her napkin. "What's up? What's wrong?"

Amber pursed her lips to keep quiet and shook her head to say nothing was wrong.

"I'm going to the restroom." Nina excused herself.

Once she was out of sight, Amber and William broke into a whisper-oriented discussion. It was more so Amber initiating the conversation and constantly cutting William off due to having so much to say, but still, technically a conversation.

As soon as Nina showed back up from the restroom, they silenced themselves.

"Whispering behind my back? Not saying anything to me? Come on, I'm really worried here," Nina sighed.

"Nina," Amber said, standing up and walking over to her best friend, "there's nothing to worry about. You can always trust me."

Nina stared at her, questioning whether or whether not she could trust Amber. Eventually she said, "Ok. I trust you. Anyway, I have to head out and buy some groceries, so I'll be back." She went to her room, grabbed her purse, and left.

"It's killing me not to tell her," Amber moaned to William.

"Remember, it's for the best."

~~~~~

Nina told Amber and William she was going to buy groceries, but she was really heading to Eddie's house to discuss things with him. She took a taxi to his house, and once she was there, she rang the doorbell.

Patricia answered the door.

"Is Eddie here?" Nina asked.

"Yep, come on in," Patricia invited.

Nina stepped inside. They sat on the couches and Patricia called Eddie into the main room. He came and sat down as well.

"I think Amber and William are keeping secrets from me," Nina told them.

"What makes you think that?" Eddie questioned.

"They're whispering behind my back, and they aren't talking to me as much. Just by the looks on their faces, I can tell they're hiding something. Patricia, when Eddie and I were gone, did they discuss anything?"

"Not anything separate from the group, I'm pretty sure," Patricia admitted. "Maybe you're just paranoid."

"I'm not paranoid."

"Are you sure?" Patricia raised her eyebrows.

Nina stood up and slowly paced back and forth. "Last night, William told me not to go back into the past. He couldn't tell me why, so you can't possibly think he's not hiding something. Maybe Amber knows too. Maybe more members of Sibuna know. What if this interferes with the mystery? What if some of us know this secret, and some of us don't, and then we end up splitting because of it?"

"Ok, that sounds like paranoia," Eddie commented. "I get where you're coming from, but don't you think that's a little too far?"

"We all know what happens when Sibuna members keep secrets from eachother. Can you two promise me you know nothing about this secret?"

"I honestly don't," Eddie replied.

"The secret that may or may not exist-I know nothing of it," Patricia sighed.

"Good, then. I'll need you guys," Nina said, trusting them. "Meet at my apartment in three hours. We'll be holding interrogations."

Eddie and Patricia raised their eyebrows.

"Well, we have to determine if they know something or not."

~~~~~

When the time came, Nina had called for Sibuna to show up, and Eddie and Patricia arrived. Nina decided that each her, Eddie, and Patricia would be assigned two people to interrogate in private since there were six people they had to question in all.

While the others were waiting to know what was going on, Nina discussed things with her fellow interrogators. After the brief discussion, they decided Nina would take Fabian and Alfie, Eddie would take Jerome and Amber, and Patricia would take William and Joy.

"Ok, guys," Nina announced to the others waiting. "Each of us will take you into a separate area. We just have a few questions for you. So, Alfie, Jerome, and William, stay in here, and I need the rest of you to wait in the hall."

Fabian, Amber, and Joy waited out in the hall without question. Nina took Alfie into her room and closed the door, Eddie took Jerome into Amber's guest room, and Patricia kept William in the main room, sitting on the couches.

"Alright, William," Patricia grinned, "I just have a few questions and then you can be on your way, alright? Alright. Will-"

"-wait." William held up a finger. "What is this for?"

"It's mandatory for those of you involved in the mystery who deserves questioning. You've given reason for suspicions that you're hiding something."

"Did Nina tell you that?"

"Keep in mind, I'm asking the questions here. And if you aggravate me, keep in mind, I'm not a friendly person. So, William, how do you feel about Sibuna traveling back to the past?"

William sighed but answered truthfully. "I'm not too approving of it."

"And why is that?"

"Because there are things in the past that should just stay in the past."

Patricia sighed and rolled her eyes. "Too broad an answer. Elaborate."

"Will you tell Nina?"

Patricia stood up and glared at him. She slowly approached him with a death glare on her face. "William, have you ever been in a coffin before. I have, and it's not as fun as you think. And you're about to end up in one very soon."

William swallowed and took off running. He swung the apartment door open and rushed out, and instead of following him, Patricia stopped at the doorway. But before he got down the hall, Patricia heard William say, "Amber, don't tell them anything."

"You can go in, Joy," Patricia stated, glaring at Amber.

Joy went in past Patricia, and by convenient timing, Eddie came out, leaving Jerome out in the hallway.

Patricia told Eddie, "Looks like Amber is prepared for you." She turned around and whispered out of the others' earshot, "She knows something."

~~~~~
For those of you who read my first HOA fanfic, how many of you remember that time Patricia and Eddie were buried alive? I'm sure it's not a fun experience...

Yeah, so you awesome Aristocrats:

Will Eddie get the information out of Amber?

Do you want him to discover the information?