eight - cheater

"Last night was great, call me if you need me again."

I gaze at the text stunned. This couldn't mean what I think it does.

Just when I was still trying to get my thoughts together, Dalton comes out of the bathroom "This is the reason, isn't it?" I begin calmly

Confusion was visible on his face but that soon changed to shock as I slowly brought up his phone and showed him the text. "WAS THIS THE REASON DALTON." I shout

"Ari, this isn't what it looks like I promise-" he anxiously speaks

"THEN WHAT DOES IT MEAN YOU PIECE OF SHIT. WHAT?" i start to hit him repeatedly on his chest.

He holds my hand to stop me from hitting him any further "pls calm down and let me explain." He begs

"Why? Why Dalton? Why would you do this to me when you know how much I hate cheaters, how much they disgust me. This is the reason why you were refusing me wasn't it? You Lying piece of shit." I raise my voice at the end and go back to sit on the bed holding my hair in my hands. Dalton soon joins me on the bed.

"I made a mistake." He begins. I scoff

You think? I wanted to say out loud but I kept my cool so he can explain his side before I know what to do.

"When I left for those two days, I was in Matt's all through. The second day i... Matt threw a party, he throws party's in his house every week. He um invited a lot of people. The whole house smelt of booze, smoke, drugs. But I didn't have any of those, that was until Matt kept demanding that I drink, he kept persisting all night so I ... I finally gave in. When I started I couldn't stop, It was safe to say I was intoxicated before midnight, I too-" he looked at me reluctantly. I gestured my head for him to proceed. 

"I took pot. So I was drunk and high, before I know it, a girl approached me and started flirting with me and touching me, I... I didn't stop her, so one thing drove to another and we had sex. I don't even know how she got my number." He ends

"So, you're going to use the fact you were drunk and high as an excuse that you cheated on me. You fucked some rando. And you're making an excuse for yourself. If you really love me drunk or not, you wouldn't have had slept with her. You wanted to do it Dalton, deep down you know you wanted to-"

"No I promise you babe, I didn't do it on purpose- I was drunk, I'm sorry."

"You clearly weren't fully drunk if you can still remember what happened."

He bows his head in shame

"You know what. I can't even look at your face right now. Get out." I say

"What? What do you mean? It's my house as much as it's yours."

"I don't care. either you leave or I do."

"No please don't, I'll go." He stands up enters and the closet to pack his things. When he's done he looks at me. "What's going to happen now." He asks

"I don't know dalton, I can't just forgive you." I answer

He sighs defeated "okay."

And just like that Dalton leaves our apartment

•••

That was crazy. I don't even know what to say. Also I noticed I ended the last two chapters with text messages lol.

Soooo, my babies, ariana grande, jxdn, olivia rodrigo, doja cat and more were nominated for the VMAs and I'm so happy for them.

Since this this chapter is short, I'm going to double update so I'll see you guys in the next chapter.

Don't forget to Vote & Comment!

Alright bye for now angels

Emily xo