Busy

Saachi

Roshni Bua opened the album. She looked so beautiful in her bridal dress. I smiled at her pictures. Fufaji was looking no less. But at this moment I was more worried about what actually she wanted to show me.

The album of her happiness, how can they be a part of my destruction in past. What actually happened that Pitaji happened to adopt me? What happened to my actual family or whatever I should call them?

No matter what like Pitaji said nobody can change the fact that I am his and Ma's daughter no matter who gave birth to me.

She stopped flipping the pages at a certain picture where I was in her arms with two unknown faces standing on either side of her.

"They are your parents", she said pointing at the faces.

"Where is Mayra?", I asked her looking at the pictures. She frowned at my words.

"Mayra was not with us. I was not even knowing you had a twin sister. Your father put her in an orphanage when she was born. Disgusting man. I couldn't believe he can do such a thing with his own daughter. I mean yeah he was bad. Yes, he did some very bad things with you as well but he didn't put you in the orphanage. It was all in his mood. He would start treating you like a princess if he was in a good mood or would behave like a beast when his mood would be bad but my mother and I used to save you from his anger. After my marriage, I don't know what actually happened. My Bhabhi was greedy from nature but it was always hidden till my marriage. Once she came to know that I was getting married in Khurana family even when I didn't complete my college, she was angry but she saw it as a good opportunity to increase Bhaiya's business. I mean your father. They would often come here with you and ask me to talk to Anav Ji to invest in his business but I was very scared of your Fufaji's anger. He reached this place in his life with a lot of hard work and he hated when people wanted him to do some favor for them", She said and I sighed.

"I remember that day so well when we all were going on a trip but in between only I got a call from Ma and she asked me to save my family. I asked Anav Ji to turn the car in the direction of my parents' house. I had already lost my father by then. I wanted to do everything to save my little family. But what I saw there was very heartbreaking", She said and held my hand looking deeply into my eyes.

"Yuvraj is not aware of this thing. I am sure if he came to know about this he would literally kill your birth father", She said as I frowned at her words.

"He did hit you that day. He lost himself to his inner beast and to save you my mother locked you in a room but she forgot to switch on the lights. He wanted to just get rid of you. You were crying and also scared of the dark and lost your consciousness there. I remember when I reached there I first got you out of that room but it was your Pitaji who took you in his arms. He took you to the hospital. You were not even able to breathe properly because of the trauma. Your ma and Pitaji were very much fond of you since they saw them and your Pitaji finally decided to adopt you. The worst part of this is that nobody really cared. Bhabhi was very much happy because I don't know how she started seeing you as a curse. She just wanted to get rid of you and start a new life", She said as tears fall down my eyes. Her grip on my hands increased as I sobbed.

"I lost contact with them long back but than", She spoke and than stopped before looking at me with doubt.

"What happened?", I asked her again.

"On your 6th birthday, one day my brother came to talk to your father", She said as I frowned.

"Kabir was already born till then and was about 4 months old. My brother came and met your father. Of course, Ekansh was very much angry to see him again and on top of that to see him anywhere near you. My brother asked him to give him 50 lakhs otherwise he would tell everybody that you are adopted and have nothing to do with royal family", She said as I gasped.