Unsuccessful

"...Why, hello!" 

I turned around and tried to kick her. She gracefully dodged and spoke, "Humph. Well that's no way to treat a lady, is it?"

She threw a knife at me. I caught it, mid-air, and threw it back at her. She dodged again and decided to try her luck at hand-to-hand combat. 

She tried punching me, but I held her hand tight. She kicked me in the guts with her left leg, giving her just enough time to loosen my grip and evade.

I chose to run and find Aldia instead of getting into a full-blown fight with Mizuki. 

She didn't even bother chasing me down.

I found Aldia tied to a chair with an apple stuffed in her mouth. 

I helped her out and took out a page of my chronicle which was in a hidden pocket of my overcoat. 

Using the chronicle, I got us a few daggers, a sword, a gun, and the location of Mizuki. Apparently, she was in the room I was first in. 

We headed there and found nothing. She clearly wasn't there. We went to the room next to this one and found her there. 

"We've got you now, haven't we?" Aldia said. She raised her fists, gritted her teeth, and I was glad she was on my side. 

Just as Aldia tried to punch Mizuki smack in her face, she did a backflip, broke through the glass, and jumped out like Tom Cruise.

"Damn," I said, disappointed. She had escaped. But at least we could try finding some clue in her house. 

(2 AM)

Oh, we found a clue, all right. We found a room full of piles of dead chronicle owners.