⇢︎ Chapter 26 : Back At Home...

Start from the beginning

Y/n clutched his teddy, "O-Oh, okay. Thank you, Sensei..."

"I understand you now, Y/n," Koro-sensei said, "And I will make sure that you will be okay this year."

Y/n sniffed as he could feel the tears prick his eyes. Without even thinking, Y/n went up to Koro-sensei and hugged him, burring his crying face into Koro-sensei's clothes. Koro-sensei was surprised by the sudden hug, but hugged back nonetheless.

"Thank you, Koro-sensei," Y/n mumbled, "Thank you so much."

Koro-sensei looked down at Y/n as he let out a short chuckle, "You are a wonderful boy, Y/n."

"Koro-sensei..." Y/n's voice broke as he was crying.

"HOW COULD YOU BE SO IDIOTIC!?!? How could you lose your teddy in the goddamn woods?!! I told you, that if you're too incompetent to have your teddy bear with you at school, that I'm taking that damn thing away!!" The loud booming voice of Y/n's g...

"HOW COULD YOU BE SO IDIOTIC!?!? How could you lose your teddy in the goddamn woods?!! I told you, that if you're too incompetent to have your teddy bear with you at school, that I'm taking that damn thing away!!" The loud booming voice of Y/n's guardian shouted.

Y/n was on the verge of tears once again, and not from happiness but by fear. He held onto his teddy like his life depended on it, afraid that his guardian will take it away from him. He was curled up in a ball on his bed as his guardian continued to yell at him.

"You are such an ignorant child!! You're so useless!! Who are you if you can't even keep an eye on your own teddy bear?! How could you keep an eye on your target?!! Why must you be like this?? Do you not know how hard it is to raise you?! The least you could do is keep an eye on your stuff!!

"But no! You have to be selfish and only think of yourself in this household!! You are so tiring!! Just give me a break, will you?! You are such a useless child!"

"I'm sorry," Y/n muttered as he tried his best to hold in his tears, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"Why in the world are you crying?!" Y/n's guardian shouted, "If you don't stop, I'm going to give you something to cry about!! GOD!! You're so annoying!! Such a crybaby I swear! Jeez..."

Y/n sniffed as he looked up and noticed that his guardian is slowly starting to calm down after, who knows long, of yelling. He still clung onto his teddy like his life depended on it as tears ran down his cheeks like waterfalls.

"I'm sorry, Y/n," Y/n's guardian muttered as he went on his knees and caressed Y/n's head, "I didn't mean what I said. I see you as my son, alright? I would never take your teddy away from you. I'm sorry kid. You know I care for you, right? Here, how about I make you (fav. food) to make up for it okay?"

Y/n hiccupped as he nodded. What else could he have done? Say no? He might get hit if he did.

Y/n's guardian gave a lopsided smile and petted Y/n's head, "That's a good boy. I do this all because I love you, okay? I'll go get the food ready now."

With that, Y/n's guardian left Y/n's bedroom. Y/n sniffed as he whipped away the tears from his eyes. He hugged his teddy close to him as he pulled his knees to his chest as he silently cried to himself.

"You really just stood there and did nothing, huh?" Y/n muttered as he whipped away his tear and looked up, "You just stood by and watched that."

Itona, who was hiding behind the doorframe, came out of his hiding spot. He heard yelling from the other room and came to check out what was happening, only to walk in on his guardian yelling at Y/n for simply losing his teddy bear today.

"What... What was that?" Itona asked.

Y/n sniffed, "Nothing, just a daily thing. The screaming, the yelling, the hitting," He rubbed a part of his back, "It's all normal. I should be used to this but I'm not."

Itona looked at Y/n up and down before sitting next to Y/n on his bed, "You really are weak."

Y/n rolled his eyes, "Gee, like I haven't heard or known of that. Thanks, Itona. Get off my bed," He stated as he shoved Itona off his bed.

Itona landed on the floor with a soft thump. However, he didn't care. He just got on his knees and rested his chin on Y/n's bed, looking up at Y/n with doe-looking eyes. His gold eyes just stared at Y/n as Y/n had no choice but to stare back.

Y/n sighed, "What do you want from me?"

"I want to protect you," Itona said bluntly, "And now I'm going to protect you wherever you go."

Y/n raised a brow, "You're getting delusional, Itona."

"No, I'm not."

"Then when are you coming to class?" Y/n huffed as he played with his teddy.

"Tomorrow," Itona stated.

Y/n's eyes slightly widened, "What?"

Itona played with a little fuzz that was on Y/n's bed as he continued to talk, "I'm coming to E class tomorrow. I'll be able to protect you now and show everyone that I am stronger than them. But I think you're getting to class first then I am."

Y/n sighed and slumped in his seat, "How fun."

"You don't sound like you're having fun, especially from earlier."

"I wonder why, Itona."

"You sound like you know why though?"

"I... Itona no..."

"What?"