⇢︎ Chapter 22 : The New Student

Start from the beginning

The class was murmuring about the box in the back of the room. It was odd and out of place. They were told that there was going to be a new student for E class. They were expecting another desk for the back row, not a whole box.

"I believe that all of you already know," Karasuma stated with an annoyed look on his face, "But allow me to introduce the new transfer student. This is Autonomously Thinking Fixed Artillery, who came here from nowhere."

"Please take care of me," The robot, or A.T.F.A, said in a dead tone of voice.

The class sweatdropped at the pissed off looking Karasuma. Terakasa rolled his eyes seeing the box of bolts in the class. He glanced at the empty desk in between him and Karma. He doesn't care for the new student, he's just wondering where Y/n was.

Koro-sensei giggled at Karasuma's situation as Irina, who was next to Koro-sensei, sweatdropped at seeing such a thing in the class.

"You better not laugh," Karasuma said to Koro-sensei, "You're the same sort of sideshow act. I'll say this to start. 'She' is an AI with a face who has been registered as a full-fledged student. Though she will be pointing her guns at you from back there, you cannot counterattack against her. Because you made a contract as a teacher that 'inflicting injury on the students is not allowed'."

"I see," Koro-sensei hummed, "Using my own contract against me... So, I'm to treat that machine as a student despite its appearance. Very well! Autonomously Thinking Fixed Artillery. welcome to class E!"

Karasuma sighed as he massaged his head because a small headache was coming up. The door of the classroom suddenly opened causing to take people's attentions off of the box and to whoever just walked in.

"Sorry I'm late," Y/n said as he had his teddy in hand like always, "I had some problems come up where I lived."

"Ah, not a problem, Y/n!" Koro-sensei said, "I was starting to think that you wouldn't join us today, so I'm happy to see you!"

Y/n cringed at the fact that Koro-sensei was overexcited to see him, "Sure... Anyways, I didn't miss anything right?"

"We were just introducing the new student," Karasuma sighed, "Y/n meet Autonomously Thinking Fixed Artillery, or A.T.F.A, for short."

"How fun..."

"Good morning, Y/n L/n," A.T.F.A greeted, "Make sure to pay attention today."

Everyone's eyes went wide when they heard the robot greet Y/n, only Karasuma and Y/n were left unfazed. Irina furrowed her brows in slight concern as she glanced at Y/n who looked very uncomfortable that a robot knew him.

"Hello to you too, I guess..." Y/n reluctantly said as he clutched his teddy closer and made his way to his desk.

Eyes watched at Y/n sat down in his seat, they were in shock and curious on how the robot knew Y/n. Y/n could feel the eyes on him, he wanted to die of embarrassment.

Class has started and it seemed like the robot has done nothing for the time being

Class has started and it seemed like the robot has done nothing for the time being. It was sending everyone on edge, they were all just waiting, waiting for something to happen, whether it be bad or good. But they were expecting it to be bad.

"Pst, Y/n," Terakasa whispered to Y/n, "So how you know of the box of bolts? Did you have something to do with it being here?"

"Not really, well, I don't think so," Y/n whispered back, "Besides, I didn't even know that'll that... thing... will be coming to class until yesterday, so don't blame me. It has to do something with my guardian, since he is connected to the government."

"So, he's been keeping this a secret to you," Karma butted in making Terakasa glare at him, "Seems like he's bad parenting~"

Y/n rolled his eyes and pushed Karma away, "He's not my parent, he's my guardian, a nobody to me."

Karma only shrugged in a slightly teasing manner.

Y/n sighed as he leaned back in his seat, "Anyways, what time is it?"

Terakasa raised a brow, "Why do ya want to know?"

"Because I still want my eyes by the end of the day."

Karma's smirk dropped in confusion as he and Terakasa looking at Y/n in confusion. Y/n looked genuinely serious which means that something is going to happen, and it won't be pretty in the least bit.

Suddenly A.T.F.A brought out a bunch of different guns, ones that were hidden inside of the machine. It started to fire at Koro-sensei as he was in the middle of teaching a lesson. The students let out a scream as they all ducked their heads.

'This is what Y/n meant?!!' Karma and Terakasa thought to themselves.

Y/n slid down his seat as he used his desk to hide under it. He clutched his teddy close to him as he deadpanned at his screaming classmates that were all shocked by the sudden attack.

"4 shotguns and 2 machine guns," Koro-sensei stated as the shooting calmed down, "This is quite a heavy barrage, but the students here do this sort of thing on a regular basis. Also, firing guns during a lesson time is prohibited."

A.T.F.A made a whirring sound, calculating what it just did, "I will keep that in mind. Continue, and I will adjust my attack," It said as a load of calculations showed up on its screen making everyone nervous, "Recalculating trajectory modifying angle of fire. Switching to self-evolving phase 5-28-02."

Y/n peeked out from under his desk as he sees the gun go back into the box but then came out again. He deadpanned as he shuffled back under his desk, holding his teddy. He's starting to get annoyed with this 'thing'.

"You really don't learn at all from experience," Koro-sensei stated as the shots began again.

Y/n covered his ears as he heard the BBs being fired over and over again with the large guns. He bit the inside of his teeth as he stopped himself from crying out of fear of the loud noises around him.

'If this keeps up, I am going to leave this classroom. Learning from Karasuma is better than this...'