Chapter 6

Oliver was calling out for me. But I didn't bother to entertain him so I just kept walking the way back to my office building. When I reached the main entrance and I was about to go through the automated sliding door, Oliver grabbed my shoulder and made me turned to face him.

'What was that for ?' He asked, panting. ' I was calling for you, you didn't hear that ?'

'Sorry, I thought you would want to hit on the waitress so I just left the restaurant leaving you guys alone.' I said nonchalantly but I was lying.

'You could have waited me though.'

' I don't want to stuck in between you both when you two were throwing sex signals. ' I said, glancing away from him.

' Aren't you feeling uncomfortable when I did that to a woman , are you? ' he asked with a smirk on his face.

' No ! ' I retorted. ' Don't you be so conceited ! You aren't as hot as I thought you would be. '

' You think I'm hot ? ' He smirked. My face was blushing.

' Hasn't I just mentioned that you ARE not ! ' I retorted.

' At least you have a thought of me. '

' The very least, for you info. Would you excuse me, I have to go to work.' I turned to the entrance and started walking to the elevator. A gush of cool air swept across my sweaty face when I headed to the elevator. I didn't realize the weather was so hot. It was hot because of him. Oh no ! I mustn't think about him again. The more I thought about him, the more hotter and aroused I'd become. Why did he has this kind of effect on me ? I've never had this kind of sensation before even though I'd been around with Jasper. Jasper was hot and he was the guy that I'd always dreamed of having. But I didn't feel so aroused when I was hanging out with Jasper. Oliver did. He did give me such sensation that I couldn't be able to explicate.

The elevator arrived on our floor and I walked in only to realize that Oliver wasn't following me behind. When I turned my face to the closing door of the elevator, he was gone.

Working hours dragged on deliberately. The pile of files that I have to read through for my entire working hours were painstakingly boring. I felt lifeless residing in the office alone facing all the files. I was hoping my boss would assign me to go overboard so that I could forget about everything happened here and mostly forget about Jasper. I let a huge sigh and continued reading the files.

A sharp knocked on my door rendered my head to jerk up only to see Janice was standing at the doorway.

' It's ten past five already, Jake,' She said, looking as exhausted but still beautiful. ' Don't you want to go ?'

' Really ?! ' I said softly. ' I didn't realize that a day has just gone by like that'

' You've been staying in this room for hours I noticed," She chuckled. "And I can see that the pile of files are eating you up.'