Chapter 4

By the time the digital clock that sitting on my desk reached ten sharply, a ring of the phone in my office shot my head up from the overloading work I was having. I groaned at it and left it ringing until my secretary answered it for me. In minute of two, Janice knocked on my door and opened it.

" Alex wants to meet you at his office now," She said. Standing at the doorway.

" I can't right now, I have an employee to meet you remember ?"

" That's exactly what Alex was intending to meet you, he said over the phone."

" Alright." I sighed and grabbed my coat and started walking out of my office to my boss - Alex's office. What's so important for this employee himself that I would have to go to my boss office to talk about ?

I knocked gently on the door of his office when I reached outside. A voice of Alex from inside asking me to come in. As I twisted the knob of the door walking into his office, my eyes instantly laid on a beautiful looking blonde man. He turned his face to me when I walked in. My breath was taken away by his beyond beautiful feature he had. He has thick eye brows and sparkling blue eyes. He has this prominent jawline along his lower cheek to die for and a pair of soft pink lips. His blonde hair was shaped in all-american hairstyle, which made him looked extravagantly gorgeous.

What's with the air-conditioning in this office ? Why was I feeling so warm here ? 

" Jake ! It's so nice to finally see you ! " Alex exclaimed. I can sensed the double meaning of what he said. If you know what I meant. Alex and the lad stood up from theirs' seat to greet me.

"Jake, I want you to meet Oliver," Alex introduced me to this oh-so gorgeous lad I've ever seen in my life. " Oliver, this is Jake. Your future partner." Partner of what ? 

"Hi, Jake. Pleasure to meet you." He held out his hand.

" Pleasure's mine, Oliver." I smiled greeting him with firm handshake.

Oliver and I both seated in front of Alex. Before I managed to say something, Alex cut me off. " So , Jake. I will be assigning Oliver a position in this company as Chief Executive Officer." 

" So starting from now, you both will have to work together as a team to work out whatever project you guys will be assigned later on."

I was speechless. He was choosing this lad over me for this promotion. I've been working my ass off for this company for 5 years. All I got for repayment was being partnered with him for the following projects we would gonna have ? Are you fucking kidding me ? I was being Chief Executive Manager for years and I've been dying for this position he JUST HAD. Anger was boiling up in me. I have to admit the fact that this guy was seriously the hottest creature I've ever seen but snatching away my thing that I've been pursuing for years was totally unacceptable considering the fact you were hot !

" So, do both of you have any problem ? " Alex asked.