Chapter 17

I noticed that, I'm nothing with out my granny. I really need to get back to New York. I know that I was unwanted there but I'm uncomfortable here. It's like I'm chasing a certain feeling that I can't find.

The biggest problem that I have right now is needing money, I filled out a lot of job applications and these jobs aren't getting back to me. I know a few dudes here that can put me on. I know it might be dumb but, me and Jade need to eat.

I text Nolan and he calls me.

"Whats going on best?"

"Everything" I say with a lump in my throat

"Like what?"

"I need some money bro! I'm about to start selling drugs, if that's what it'll take for me and Jade to survive" I cry.

"Bitch bye! Are you stupid? You're so much better then that! You don't have any street smarts at all! Imma give you a scenario & you tell me if you willing to risk it, boom you got action, you selling this and that woopty woo & you sell it to a undercover cop, they take you to jail & Jade waiting for you to come home for days. Or how about this, you end of up selling a bad batch to somebody & they overdose, now the cops looking at you for murder & drug dealing, now Jade in the system. You think that's cool? You think that's smart? Bitch, I will fill out job applications for you, before you end up doing some dumb shit like that" Nolan put everything into perspective for me, I'm not willing to risk my freedom or my sister for money that won't even last me a week. It brought tears to my eyes, thinking about jade going in the system.

"You right bestie, Imma just fill out twice as many apps"

"yea that's what you better do, check yo phone too. I just cash app you" He says. I checked my phone and I see that he sent me $240. See Nolan is a real friend. I promise when I get rich, he's coming with me. I tell him thanks and we get off the phone.

I fix Jade some cereal with water because we don't have any milk.

Call from Demarion:

"Hey" I say

"Justice yo mama wanna talk to you" Demarion said with out acknowledging me.

"Bitch where you at?" My mama says.

"First of all, don't disrespect me" I say to her.

"Justice, where the fuck are you? Where is my child" she asks.

"Don't even trip on that, you wasn't worried about her when you left us in a house with no food!" I say.

"Bitch you keep testing my patience and imma kill yo ass" she yells.

"Man, stop talking to me" I say.

"Justice if I find out you in Milwaukee with my child I'm taking her!" She says.

"You don't even have custody of us now! How the fuck you gone take her?" I hang up on her.

Incoming call....

"Hello, is this Ms. Allen?"

"Hi, this is she"

"This is Daisy & I'm calling from McDonald's corporation, regarding the job you submitted a application for. We'd like to bring you in for a interview if your still in the job market"

"That's so much for considering me, I'm still in need of employment"

"Do you have availability tomorrow for a interview?" She asks. I tell her yes and we schedule a time. After the interview she told me that I start orientation at the end of the week. Here's to new beginnings!